Top NBA Prospect Wiggins to Join Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports Agency
By James Patrick Quizon | April 3, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Andrew Wiggins is projected to go inside the top 3 in the 2014 NBA Draft this June. Even before he becomes a pro, he’s already a top target for sports agents and it appears that Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports have the inside track in getting the Canadian as their client.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-3rd Round-Kansas vs Stanford
According to a report from CBS Sports, Jay Z’s group and another unnamed agency is in a tug-of-war for representation of Wiggins, a prospective top draw and moneymaker when he becomes and NBA pro.
The 6-foot-8 Wiggins, who declared on Tuesday that he will enter the draft, played for the Kansas Jayhawks in the NCAA. He’s another one-and-done player in college hoops—playing just one year in college and immediately moving on to the bigger leagues.
Wiggins was the 2013 Naismith Prep Player of the Year and was the first Canadian to be named the 2013 National Player of the Year. He was the top prospect entering college in 2013.
Rich Paul, LeBron James’ agent is also rumoured to be interested in getting Wiggins as a client.
Roc Nation Sports was established in 2013 and immediately made their mark as a sports agency—mainly because of the successful Hip Hop artist’s brand.
Jay Z was a previously a minority owner of the Brooklyn Nets but sold his stake because NBA owners are not allowed to represent NBA players or own sports agencies.
Other athletes represented by Roc Nation Sports are Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Robinson Cano (Seattle Mariners), CC Sabathia (New York Yankees), Geno Smith, (New York Jets), Hakeem Nicks (Indianapolis Colts), Victor Cruz (New York Giants) and Skylar Diggins (Tulsa Shock) among others.
Wiggins is currently projected to be drafted No. 3 overall in most mock drafts but that stil could change as the NBA lottery is yet to be decided. Other top prospects in the 2014 NBA Draft are Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid and Marcus Smart.
Wiggins last game in college wasn't pretty though. He scored just 4 points, missed 5-of-6 shots from the field in 34 minutes in the 60-57 loss to 10th seed Stanford in the 3rd Round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
- Spanish Super Cup Second Leg Preview
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop