Xbox One Upcoming Updates Detailed, New Game from Japanese Dev Teased
By Gel Galang | April 3, 2014 1:06 PM EST
A number of improvements will be making its way on the Xbox One, and these include a new "Rent Once, Play Anywhere" feature for video, new SmartGlass features and an updated previewing system.
"Since the launch of Xbox One, it's been our mission to keep improving—the games, the entertainment, the all-in-one experience. That's why we're bringing some updates to you this month across Xbox Video and Xbox SmartGlass, and it's why we're also exploring exciting new features to bring TV elements to more global markets and a new option for using OneGuide on multiple devices," said Microsoft in a statement over at Xbox Newswire.
The Xbox Video new feature allows users to rent or buy a movie via the Xbox Video and watch on a variety of Microsoft devices, including the Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Xbox One or Xbox 360.
As for the SmartGlass feature, usrs can now choose from a range of options on the way they experience the Xbox One navigation system. There's the controller, the Kinect, the new media remote or even the Xbox SmartGlass via the tablet or phone.
SmartGlass now allows users to navigate game options, view and add recent players, sort Friends online, view the Activity Feed, launch an app in Snap and receive Xbox Live messages while on their mobile.
Lastly, there's also the OneGuide update, which allows better TV watching experience where users can see TV listings in OneGuide, even for those in Europe or Canada. There's also more control over the Xbox One, as there will be new recordings and content from the DVR. The Kinect voice commands also allow Xbox One users to control the set top-box and other AV equipment.
For now, the mentioned features are out for select Xbox Live members as a testing period, before they are released officially later this year.
'Shinasutimikira' Will be an Xbox One Game from a Japanese Developer
The Xbox One has also been reported to have some titles coming from Japanese developers. But before, there have been no reports as to what these titles were.
Now, a title has been spotted, dubbed as the "Shinasutimikira Project." According to VG 24/7, the title has been spotted from Japanese developer 5pb, which is connected somehow to MAGES, the developer behind the "Phantom Breaker" series.
The only clue about the "Shinasutimikira Project" is the logo—a button-like log below the title, which features a skull that has two crossed shotguns below it (instead of the "Poison" sign that has two bones crossed below). There's also something scribbled below, one that looks either like "Div8" or "DioS."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans