Xbox One Upcoming Updates Detailed, New Game from Japanese Dev Teased
By Gel Galang | April 3, 2014 1:06 PM EST
A number of improvements will be making its way on the Xbox One, and these include a new "Rent Once, Play Anywhere" feature for video, new SmartGlass features and an updated previewing system.
"Since the launch of Xbox One, it's been our mission to keep improving—the games, the entertainment, the all-in-one experience. That's why we're bringing some updates to you this month across Xbox Video and Xbox SmartGlass, and it's why we're also exploring exciting new features to bring TV elements to more global markets and a new option for using OneGuide on multiple devices," said Microsoft in a statement over at Xbox Newswire.
The Xbox Video new feature allows users to rent or buy a movie via the Xbox Video and watch on a variety of Microsoft devices, including the Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Xbox One or Xbox 360.
As for the SmartGlass feature, usrs can now choose from a range of options on the way they experience the Xbox One navigation system. There's the controller, the Kinect, the new media remote or even the Xbox SmartGlass via the tablet or phone.
SmartGlass now allows users to navigate game options, view and add recent players, sort Friends online, view the Activity Feed, launch an app in Snap and receive Xbox Live messages while on their mobile.
Lastly, there's also the OneGuide update, which allows better TV watching experience where users can see TV listings in OneGuide, even for those in Europe or Canada. There's also more control over the Xbox One, as there will be new recordings and content from the DVR. The Kinect voice commands also allow Xbox One users to control the set top-box and other AV equipment.
For now, the mentioned features are out for select Xbox Live members as a testing period, before they are released officially later this year.
'Shinasutimikira' Will be an Xbox One Game from a Japanese Developer
The Xbox One has also been reported to have some titles coming from Japanese developers. But before, there have been no reports as to what these titles were.
Now, a title has been spotted, dubbed as the "Shinasutimikira Project." According to VG 24/7, the title has been spotted from Japanese developer 5pb, which is connected somehow to MAGES, the developer behind the "Phantom Breaker" series.
The only clue about the "Shinasutimikira Project" is the logo—a button-like log below the title, which features a skull that has two crossed shotguns below it (instead of the "Poison" sign that has two bones crossed below). There's also something scribbled below, one that looks either like "Div8" or "DioS."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World