Xbox One Upcoming Updates Detailed, New Game from Japanese Dev Teased
By Gel Galang | April 3, 2014 1:06 PM EST
A number of improvements will be making its way on the Xbox One, and these include a new "Rent Once, Play Anywhere" feature for video, new SmartGlass features and an updated previewing system.
"Since the launch of Xbox One, it's been our mission to keep improving—the games, the entertainment, the all-in-one experience. That's why we're bringing some updates to you this month across Xbox Video and Xbox SmartGlass, and it's why we're also exploring exciting new features to bring TV elements to more global markets and a new option for using OneGuide on multiple devices," said Microsoft in a statement over at Xbox Newswire.
The Xbox Video new feature allows users to rent or buy a movie via the Xbox Video and watch on a variety of Microsoft devices, including the Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Xbox One or Xbox 360.
As for the SmartGlass feature, usrs can now choose from a range of options on the way they experience the Xbox One navigation system. There's the controller, the Kinect, the new media remote or even the Xbox SmartGlass via the tablet or phone.
SmartGlass now allows users to navigate game options, view and add recent players, sort Friends online, view the Activity Feed, launch an app in Snap and receive Xbox Live messages while on their mobile.
Lastly, there's also the OneGuide update, which allows better TV watching experience where users can see TV listings in OneGuide, even for those in Europe or Canada. There's also more control over the Xbox One, as there will be new recordings and content from the DVR. The Kinect voice commands also allow Xbox One users to control the set top-box and other AV equipment.
For now, the mentioned features are out for select Xbox Live members as a testing period, before they are released officially later this year.
'Shinasutimikira' Will be an Xbox One Game from a Japanese Developer
The Xbox One has also been reported to have some titles coming from Japanese developers. But before, there have been no reports as to what these titles were.
Now, a title has been spotted, dubbed as the "Shinasutimikira Project." According to VG 24/7, the title has been spotted from Japanese developer 5pb, which is connected somehow to MAGES, the developer behind the "Phantom Breaker" series.
The only clue about the "Shinasutimikira Project" is the logo—a button-like log below the title, which features a skull that has two crossed shotguns below it (instead of the "Poison" sign that has two bones crossed below). There's also something scribbled below, one that looks either like "Div8" or "DioS."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’