Xbox One Upcoming Updates Detailed, New Game from Japanese Dev Teased
By Gel Galang | April 3, 2014 1:06 PM EST
A number of improvements will be making its way on the Xbox One, and these include a new "Rent Once, Play Anywhere" feature for video, new SmartGlass features and an updated previewing system.
"Since the launch of Xbox One, it's been our mission to keep improving—the games, the entertainment, the all-in-one experience. That's why we're bringing some updates to you this month across Xbox Video and Xbox SmartGlass, and it's why we're also exploring exciting new features to bring TV elements to more global markets and a new option for using OneGuide on multiple devices," said Microsoft in a statement over at Xbox Newswire.
The Xbox Video new feature allows users to rent or buy a movie via the Xbox Video and watch on a variety of Microsoft devices, including the Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Xbox One or Xbox 360.
As for the SmartGlass feature, usrs can now choose from a range of options on the way they experience the Xbox One navigation system. There's the controller, the Kinect, the new media remote or even the Xbox SmartGlass via the tablet or phone.
SmartGlass now allows users to navigate game options, view and add recent players, sort Friends online, view the Activity Feed, launch an app in Snap and receive Xbox Live messages while on their mobile.
Lastly, there's also the OneGuide update, which allows better TV watching experience where users can see TV listings in OneGuide, even for those in Europe or Canada. There's also more control over the Xbox One, as there will be new recordings and content from the DVR. The Kinect voice commands also allow Xbox One users to control the set top-box and other AV equipment.
For now, the mentioned features are out for select Xbox Live members as a testing period, before they are released officially later this year.
'Shinasutimikira' Will be an Xbox One Game from a Japanese Developer
The Xbox One has also been reported to have some titles coming from Japanese developers. But before, there have been no reports as to what these titles were.
Now, a title has been spotted, dubbed as the "Shinasutimikira Project." According to VG 24/7, the title has been spotted from Japanese developer 5pb, which is connected somehow to MAGES, the developer behind the "Phantom Breaker" series.
The only clue about the "Shinasutimikira Project" is the logo—a button-like log below the title, which features a skull that has two crossed shotguns below it (instead of the "Poison" sign that has two bones crossed below). There's also something scribbled below, one that looks either like "Div8" or "DioS."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown