Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar ‘Risk Everything' in New Nike World Cup Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Popular sports apparel Nike has released its new advertisement for the upcoming World Cup, featuring three of the greatest names in football - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and FC Barcelona's Neymar. Watch the video here.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish First Division soccer match against Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo
The new ad titled Risk Everything was released on April 1 on YouTube. "To win glory on the world's biggest state, the world's greatest footballers must be willing to risk everything," its caption reads.
As explained on Nike's official Web site, the new advertisement somehow gives everyone a glimpse of what the pressure is like for the world's greatest footballers before they come on to the football field - especially in high-pressure conditions such as the World Cup when Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar have to perform for their respective countries.
"Playing for your country is an honor every footballer wants, but with that honor comes immense pressure and responsibility," said Nike's chief marketing officer Davide Grasso. "The film aims to show how some of the world's best players succeed despite that pressure, through their willingness to risk everything," he added.
For some athletes, winning may be all that matters when they play, but there is still a great deal of pressure attached to it. Mr Grasso said that the belief of the fans that their sport icons will do something successful are extremely huge, and athletes vigorously take on that responsibility. They do not define they limits. They do not fold, instead, they go further and aren't afraid to take risks.
"These players play on the edge because they know great moments usually spring from attempts to try something out of the ordinary," Mr Grasso said. "Think about Zlatan's overhead kick last year, or Rooney's goal last weekend," he added.
"These moments do not occur without fearless risk-taking."
According to Mr. Grasso, football fanatics watch the sport to witness those unexpected moments, which in turn, motivate them to try their own too.
"If you are prepared to risk everything, there's no telling what you can do," he concluded.
There is no question that Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are three of the best footballers in the current generation. They have certainly worked their way to get to where they are right now. They have certainly taken risks to get everything they want.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28