Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar ‘Risk Everything' in New Nike World Cup Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Popular sports apparel Nike has released its new advertisement for the upcoming World Cup, featuring three of the greatest names in football - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and FC Barcelona's Neymar. Watch the video here.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish First Division soccer match against Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo
The new ad titled Risk Everything was released on April 1 on YouTube. "To win glory on the world's biggest state, the world's greatest footballers must be willing to risk everything," its caption reads.
As explained on Nike's official Web site, the new advertisement somehow gives everyone a glimpse of what the pressure is like for the world's greatest footballers before they come on to the football field - especially in high-pressure conditions such as the World Cup when Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar have to perform for their respective countries.
"Playing for your country is an honor every footballer wants, but with that honor comes immense pressure and responsibility," said Nike's chief marketing officer Davide Grasso. "The film aims to show how some of the world's best players succeed despite that pressure, through their willingness to risk everything," he added.
For some athletes, winning may be all that matters when they play, but there is still a great deal of pressure attached to it. Mr Grasso said that the belief of the fans that their sport icons will do something successful are extremely huge, and athletes vigorously take on that responsibility. They do not define they limits. They do not fold, instead, they go further and aren't afraid to take risks.
"These players play on the edge because they know great moments usually spring from attempts to try something out of the ordinary," Mr Grasso said. "Think about Zlatan's overhead kick last year, or Rooney's goal last weekend," he added.
"These moments do not occur without fearless risk-taking."
According to Mr. Grasso, football fanatics watch the sport to witness those unexpected moments, which in turn, motivate them to try their own too.
"If you are prepared to risk everything, there's no telling what you can do," he concluded.
There is no question that Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are three of the best footballers in the current generation. They have certainly worked their way to get to where they are right now. They have certainly taken risks to get everything they want.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown