Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar ‘Risk Everything' in New Nike World Cup Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Popular sports apparel Nike has released its new advertisement for the upcoming World Cup, featuring three of the greatest names in football - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and FC Barcelona's Neymar. Watch the video here.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish First Division soccer match against Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo
The new ad titled Risk Everything was released on April 1 on YouTube. "To win glory on the world's biggest state, the world's greatest footballers must be willing to risk everything," its caption reads.
As explained on Nike's official Web site, the new advertisement somehow gives everyone a glimpse of what the pressure is like for the world's greatest footballers before they come on to the football field - especially in high-pressure conditions such as the World Cup when Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar have to perform for their respective countries.
"Playing for your country is an honor every footballer wants, but with that honor comes immense pressure and responsibility," said Nike's chief marketing officer Davide Grasso. "The film aims to show how some of the world's best players succeed despite that pressure, through their willingness to risk everything," he added.
For some athletes, winning may be all that matters when they play, but there is still a great deal of pressure attached to it. Mr Grasso said that the belief of the fans that their sport icons will do something successful are extremely huge, and athletes vigorously take on that responsibility. They do not define they limits. They do not fold, instead, they go further and aren't afraid to take risks.
"These players play on the edge because they know great moments usually spring from attempts to try something out of the ordinary," Mr Grasso said. "Think about Zlatan's overhead kick last year, or Rooney's goal last weekend," he added.
"These moments do not occur without fearless risk-taking."
According to Mr. Grasso, football fanatics watch the sport to witness those unexpected moments, which in turn, motivate them to try their own too.
"If you are prepared to risk everything, there's no telling what you can do," he concluded.
There is no question that Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are three of the best footballers in the current generation. They have certainly worked their way to get to where they are right now. They have certainly taken risks to get everything they want.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga