Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar ‘Risk Everything' in New Nike World Cup Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Popular sports apparel Nike has released its new advertisement for the upcoming World Cup, featuring three of the greatest names in football - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and FC Barcelona's Neymar. Watch the video here.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish First Division soccer match against Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo
The new ad titled Risk Everything was released on April 1 on YouTube. "To win glory on the world's biggest state, the world's greatest footballers must be willing to risk everything," its caption reads.
As explained on Nike's official Web site, the new advertisement somehow gives everyone a glimpse of what the pressure is like for the world's greatest footballers before they come on to the football field - especially in high-pressure conditions such as the World Cup when Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar have to perform for their respective countries.
"Playing for your country is an honor every footballer wants, but with that honor comes immense pressure and responsibility," said Nike's chief marketing officer Davide Grasso. "The film aims to show how some of the world's best players succeed despite that pressure, through their willingness to risk everything," he added.
For some athletes, winning may be all that matters when they play, but there is still a great deal of pressure attached to it. Mr Grasso said that the belief of the fans that their sport icons will do something successful are extremely huge, and athletes vigorously take on that responsibility. They do not define they limits. They do not fold, instead, they go further and aren't afraid to take risks.
"These players play on the edge because they know great moments usually spring from attempts to try something out of the ordinary," Mr Grasso said. "Think about Zlatan's overhead kick last year, or Rooney's goal last weekend," he added.
"These moments do not occur without fearless risk-taking."
According to Mr. Grasso, football fanatics watch the sport to witness those unexpected moments, which in turn, motivate them to try their own too.
"If you are prepared to risk everything, there's no telling what you can do," he concluded.
There is no question that Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are three of the best footballers in the current generation. They have certainly worked their way to get to where they are right now. They have certainly taken risks to get everything they want.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report