Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar ‘Risk Everything' in New Nike World Cup Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Popular sports apparel Nike has released its new advertisement for the upcoming World Cup, featuring three of the greatest names in football - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and FC Barcelona's Neymar. Watch the video here.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish First Division soccer match against Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo
The new ad titled Risk Everything was released on April 1 on YouTube. "To win glory on the world's biggest state, the world's greatest footballers must be willing to risk everything," its caption reads.
As explained on Nike's official Web site, the new advertisement somehow gives everyone a glimpse of what the pressure is like for the world's greatest footballers before they come on to the football field - especially in high-pressure conditions such as the World Cup when Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar have to perform for their respective countries.
"Playing for your country is an honor every footballer wants, but with that honor comes immense pressure and responsibility," said Nike's chief marketing officer Davide Grasso. "The film aims to show how some of the world's best players succeed despite that pressure, through their willingness to risk everything," he added.
For some athletes, winning may be all that matters when they play, but there is still a great deal of pressure attached to it. Mr Grasso said that the belief of the fans that their sport icons will do something successful are extremely huge, and athletes vigorously take on that responsibility. They do not define they limits. They do not fold, instead, they go further and aren't afraid to take risks.
"These players play on the edge because they know great moments usually spring from attempts to try something out of the ordinary," Mr Grasso said. "Think about Zlatan's overhead kick last year, or Rooney's goal last weekend," he added.
"These moments do not occur without fearless risk-taking."
According to Mr. Grasso, football fanatics watch the sport to witness those unexpected moments, which in turn, motivate them to try their own too.
"If you are prepared to risk everything, there's no telling what you can do," he concluded.
There is no question that Ronaldo, Rooney and Neymar are three of the best footballers in the current generation. They have certainly worked their way to get to where they are right now. They have certainly taken risks to get everything they want.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones