German Magazine's Headline ‘Awake’ on Michael Schumacher Grossly Offensive
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 3, 2014 12:23 PM EST
A German Magazine is accused of making money off Michael Schumacher's horrific tragedy after posting a picture of the former Formula One (F1) racing champion with the headline that reads "Awake." The said picture shows a smiling Schumacher with his wife Corinna.
A message (L) of support for former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher of Germany is seen on the car of Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain during the second practice session of the Australian F1 Grand Prix at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne March 14, 2014. Schumacher suffered severe head injuries when he slammed into a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel in December. REUTERS/David Gray
The magazine called "Die Aktuelle" which means "The Current" apparently only talked about those people who had woken up from coma in the issue, according to the fans who bought a copy of the said magazine, as reported by the Daily Mail. Fans were angered and alleged the magazine that it was simply cashing in on the current condition of the seven-time F1 champion.
Some fans of Schumacher took their anger to Twitter saying that the magazine should be sued for publishing a terrible and tasteless story. Another fan tweeted saying that the magazine was trying to trick the readers just to sell more copies.
German news Web site News.de reportedly tried to reach out to the publishers and asked if the recent issue was indeed an attempt to take advantage and obtain a profit off Shumacher's tragedy, but they refused to give statement or explanation.
It has been three months since Schumacher was put into a medically-induced coma. Schumacher's wife Corinna, along with their two children Gina-Marie and Mike, constantly visit him and spend eight hours every day at his bed side, talking and praying that he will recover from the tragic incident. However, even if he does wake up, Schumacher will unlikely be that same person prior the accident. The doctors revealed that Schumacher would need to undergo intensive therapy for a long period of time to be able to walk and talk completely if he does wake up.
Imagining the worst possible outcome or circumstances of the given situation, it is likely that Schumacher will have impaired consciousness or he will be in a vegetative state, wherein he will be able to open his eyes and breathe spontaneously but he will be unable to move or talk.
Schumacher first stepped away from his F1 career in 2006, but in 2010, he returned to the sport with Mercedes. The German racing driver officially retired from his racing career in October 2012.
MORE ENTERTAINTMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone