Boxing News 2014: Floyd Mayweather Jr Buys 50-Carat Diamond Watch for $1M
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 3, 2014 10:01 AM EST
Living to his moniker Money May, unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr displayed again to the world how rich he is buying a new 60-carat diamond watch.
A shopkeeper arranges diamond jewellery in his stall at the India International Jewellery show, in Bombay July 14, 2005.
Doghouse Boxing published the TMZ-provided photo of the expensive timepiece custom-made from Russian-cut diamonds. The watch is estimated to cost $1 million.
The Web site said that Mayweather, in the thick of his preparations for the May 3 bout with Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana, flew to the Big Apple to check himself the wristwatch made by Rafaello and Company.
The big smile on Money May's face indicated he is happy with his purchase of the time piece whose only non-diamond parts are its gold hands and the leather band.
The seven-digit price tag of the watch comes with the condition that it cannot be duplicated without the pound-for-pound king's permission because he reportedly owns the trademark.
Having risen from humble beginnings, the 37-year-old Mayweather is definitely enjoying the fruit of his boxing since this is not the first time he has bought expensive watches. In 2013, he was spotted shopping for watches at the New York Diamond District.
With his forthcoming guaranteed multimillion -dollar purse for the May 3 bout, win or lose, expect Money May to make more frequent visits to his bank and probably buy more blings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider