Boxing News 2014: Floyd Mayweather Jr Buys 50-Carat Diamond Watch for $1M
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 3, 2014 10:01 AM EST
Living to his moniker Money May, unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr displayed again to the world how rich he is buying a new 60-carat diamond watch.
A shopkeeper arranges diamond jewellery in his stall at the India International Jewellery show, in Bombay July 14, 2005.
Doghouse Boxing published the TMZ-provided photo of the expensive timepiece custom-made from Russian-cut diamonds. The watch is estimated to cost $1 million.
The Web site said that Mayweather, in the thick of his preparations for the May 3 bout with Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana, flew to the Big Apple to check himself the wristwatch made by Rafaello and Company.
The big smile on Money May's face indicated he is happy with his purchase of the time piece whose only non-diamond parts are its gold hands and the leather band.
The seven-digit price tag of the watch comes with the condition that it cannot be duplicated without the pound-for-pound king's permission because he reportedly owns the trademark.
Having risen from humble beginnings, the 37-year-old Mayweather is definitely enjoying the fruit of his boxing since this is not the first time he has bought expensive watches. In 2013, he was spotted shopping for watches at the New York Diamond District.
With his forthcoming guaranteed multimillion -dollar purse for the May 3 bout, win or lose, expect Money May to make more frequent visits to his bank and probably buy more blings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money