Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: 8 Expected Specifications of New Device
By Raymond Ronamai | April 3, 2014 2:41 AM EST
Speculations on the release date of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 have been doing the rounds ever since the release of Galaxy S5. The unveiling of the device is expected to clash with Apple's iPhone 6 in September, according to reports.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The South Korean electronics giant has not even uttered a word on Galaxy Note 4 but several expected specifications of the device have hit the internet.
Here are some expected features of Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to sport an AMOLED Ultra HD, 3480 x 2160 pixel display. The company did not introduce a UHD screen on its recently unveiled smartphone Galaxy S5.
2. The Note 4 is expected to sport an advanced handwriting recognition feature - S Pen stylus - to unlock the device. One has to register one's handwriting for this feature.
3. The new device is expected to be water and dust resistant, which was not featured in its predecessor Note 3.
4. Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be powered by a 64-bit processor. CNET had earlier reported that Samsung had claimed it would join the 64-bit processor club this year, when it develops an OS to support it.
5. Samsung is expected to upgrade the camera in the Galaxy Note 4, probably increasing its megapixel. South Korean media house ETNews reported that Samsung had begun developing a 20MP camera, set to be released in the second half of 2014.
6. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to run on Android 4.5 Lollypop, a new OS to be released by Google this year. Its predecessor runs on KitKat 4.4.2.
7. The device will have advanced hardware design - 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM, according to TheGalaxyNote4 website.
8. The Note 4 is expected to have a 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery, according to TheGalaxyNote4.
To contact the editor, e-mail: