'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 18 Spoilers: Derek, Jackson Collapse; Will There be Another Death?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The doctors at Grey Sloan hospital will be hit by a flu in the upcoming episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” reminding them that life at the hospital is not always pleasant.
A sneak peek of the episode titled “You Be Illin” shows that both Jackson and Derek fall victims to the flu that is quickly spreading through the hospital. But both of them initially deny being ill and proceeds to continue their work.
But Jackson, who proceeds to book an operating room for a young patient with Pott's puffy tumor, is stopped by April who tells him that “the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him."
Meanwhile, Meredith’s attempts to stop Derek from exerting himself is met with rejection from her husband, who feels that Meredith does not want him to continue with the brain mapping project.
"If I can do a surgery, I can stand and talk to people," he tells Meredith, who retorts: "No, Derek, at some point, you have to ask yourself, is your presence here going to do more harm than good?"
"Trust me! You're better calling off this thing than to get up on that stage and vomit — or worse!" she adds.
Both Derek and Jackson don’t listen to their partners’ advice and they are seen collapsing soon after.
Soon after the promo of the episode was aired, fans of the show have been wondering if the upcoming episode will feature another death. The fictional hospital was once named Seattle Grace Mercy Death, due to the increasing accidents and deaths taking place in the hospital, and show creator Shonda Rhimes is known to kill off popular characters.
“I emotionally cannot handle another death in grey's anatomy,” wrote a Twitter user, while others have taken to speculating that it might not be a flu, but something more deadly that has hit the hospital.
Since Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derek in the medical drama, recently inked a two year deal for a potential 11th and 12th seasons, nothing is immediately known about Jesse Williams’ contract, which is said to expire when the current season ends.
This has sparked speculations that there is a possibility of Williams’ character being chopped off.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9 pm on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales