'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 18 Spoilers: Derek, Jackson Collapse; Will There be Another Death?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The doctors at Grey Sloan hospital will be hit by a flu in the upcoming episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” reminding them that life at the hospital is not always pleasant.
A sneak peek of the episode titled “You Be Illin” shows that both Jackson and Derek fall victims to the flu that is quickly spreading through the hospital. But both of them initially deny being ill and proceeds to continue their work.
But Jackson, who proceeds to book an operating room for a young patient with Pott's puffy tumor, is stopped by April who tells him that “the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him."
Meanwhile, Meredith’s attempts to stop Derek from exerting himself is met with rejection from her husband, who feels that Meredith does not want him to continue with the brain mapping project.
"If I can do a surgery, I can stand and talk to people," he tells Meredith, who retorts: "No, Derek, at some point, you have to ask yourself, is your presence here going to do more harm than good?"
"Trust me! You're better calling off this thing than to get up on that stage and vomit — or worse!" she adds.
Both Derek and Jackson don’t listen to their partners’ advice and they are seen collapsing soon after.
Soon after the promo of the episode was aired, fans of the show have been wondering if the upcoming episode will feature another death. The fictional hospital was once named Seattle Grace Mercy Death, due to the increasing accidents and deaths taking place in the hospital, and show creator Shonda Rhimes is known to kill off popular characters.
“I emotionally cannot handle another death in grey's anatomy,” wrote a Twitter user, while others have taken to speculating that it might not be a flu, but something more deadly that has hit the hospital.
Since Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derek in the medical drama, recently inked a two year deal for a potential 11th and 12th seasons, nothing is immediately known about Jesse Williams’ contract, which is said to expire when the current season ends.
This has sparked speculations that there is a possibility of Williams’ character being chopped off.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9 pm on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch