'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 18 Spoilers: Derek, Jackson Collapse; Will There be Another Death?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The doctors at Grey Sloan hospital will be hit by a flu in the upcoming episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” reminding them that life at the hospital is not always pleasant.
A sneak peek of the episode titled “You Be Illin” shows that both Jackson and Derek fall victims to the flu that is quickly spreading through the hospital. But both of them initially deny being ill and proceeds to continue their work.
But Jackson, who proceeds to book an operating room for a young patient with Pott's puffy tumor, is stopped by April who tells him that “the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him."
Meanwhile, Meredith’s attempts to stop Derek from exerting himself is met with rejection from her husband, who feels that Meredith does not want him to continue with the brain mapping project.
"If I can do a surgery, I can stand and talk to people," he tells Meredith, who retorts: "No, Derek, at some point, you have to ask yourself, is your presence here going to do more harm than good?"
"Trust me! You're better calling off this thing than to get up on that stage and vomit — or worse!" she adds.
Both Derek and Jackson don’t listen to their partners’ advice and they are seen collapsing soon after.
Soon after the promo of the episode was aired, fans of the show have been wondering if the upcoming episode will feature another death. The fictional hospital was once named Seattle Grace Mercy Death, due to the increasing accidents and deaths taking place in the hospital, and show creator Shonda Rhimes is known to kill off popular characters.
“I emotionally cannot handle another death in grey's anatomy,” wrote a Twitter user, while others have taken to speculating that it might not be a flu, but something more deadly that has hit the hospital.
Since Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derek in the medical drama, recently inked a two year deal for a potential 11th and 12th seasons, nothing is immediately known about Jesse Williams’ contract, which is said to expire when the current season ends.
This has sparked speculations that there is a possibility of Williams’ character being chopped off.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9 pm on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch