'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 18 Spoilers: Derek, Jackson Collapse; Will There be Another Death?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The doctors at Grey Sloan hospital will be hit by a flu in the upcoming episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” reminding them that life at the hospital is not always pleasant.
A sneak peek of the episode titled “You Be Illin” shows that both Jackson and Derek fall victims to the flu that is quickly spreading through the hospital. But both of them initially deny being ill and proceeds to continue their work.
But Jackson, who proceeds to book an operating room for a young patient with Pott's puffy tumor, is stopped by April who tells him that “the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him."
Meanwhile, Meredith’s attempts to stop Derek from exerting himself is met with rejection from her husband, who feels that Meredith does not want him to continue with the brain mapping project.
"If I can do a surgery, I can stand and talk to people," he tells Meredith, who retorts: "No, Derek, at some point, you have to ask yourself, is your presence here going to do more harm than good?"
"Trust me! You're better calling off this thing than to get up on that stage and vomit — or worse!" she adds.
Both Derek and Jackson don’t listen to their partners’ advice and they are seen collapsing soon after.
Soon after the promo of the episode was aired, fans of the show have been wondering if the upcoming episode will feature another death. The fictional hospital was once named Seattle Grace Mercy Death, due to the increasing accidents and deaths taking place in the hospital, and show creator Shonda Rhimes is known to kill off popular characters.
“I emotionally cannot handle another death in grey's anatomy,” wrote a Twitter user, while others have taken to speculating that it might not be a flu, but something more deadly that has hit the hospital.
Since Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derek in the medical drama, recently inked a two year deal for a potential 11th and 12th seasons, nothing is immediately known about Jesse Williams’ contract, which is said to expire when the current season ends.
This has sparked speculations that there is a possibility of Williams’ character being chopped off.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9 pm on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports