'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 18 Spoilers: Derek, Jackson Collapse; Will There be Another Death?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 3, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The doctors at Grey Sloan hospital will be hit by a flu in the upcoming episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” reminding them that life at the hospital is not always pleasant.
A sneak peek of the episode titled “You Be Illin” shows that both Jackson and Derek fall victims to the flu that is quickly spreading through the hospital. But both of them initially deny being ill and proceeds to continue their work.
But Jackson, who proceeds to book an operating room for a young patient with Pott's puffy tumor, is stopped by April who tells him that “the best thing you can do for this kid is to be nowhere near him."
Meanwhile, Meredith’s attempts to stop Derek from exerting himself is met with rejection from her husband, who feels that Meredith does not want him to continue with the brain mapping project.
"If I can do a surgery, I can stand and talk to people," he tells Meredith, who retorts: "No, Derek, at some point, you have to ask yourself, is your presence here going to do more harm than good?"
"Trust me! You're better calling off this thing than to get up on that stage and vomit — or worse!" she adds.
Both Derek and Jackson don’t listen to their partners’ advice and they are seen collapsing soon after.
Soon after the promo of the episode was aired, fans of the show have been wondering if the upcoming episode will feature another death. The fictional hospital was once named Seattle Grace Mercy Death, due to the increasing accidents and deaths taking place in the hospital, and show creator Shonda Rhimes is known to kill off popular characters.
“I emotionally cannot handle another death in grey's anatomy,” wrote a Twitter user, while others have taken to speculating that it might not be a flu, but something more deadly that has hit the hospital.
Since Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derek in the medical drama, recently inked a two year deal for a potential 11th and 12th seasons, nothing is immediately known about Jesse Williams’ contract, which is said to expire when the current season ends.
This has sparked speculations that there is a possibility of Williams’ character being chopped off.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9 pm on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate