Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Fight for Promising Toulouse Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 11:32 PM EST
Arsenal are suggested to be targeting Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, who could possibly take the place of outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna, this summer.
Arsene Wenger is eyeing Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, who could replace outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna
Sagna has yet to sort out an agreement with the Gunners' hierarchy, forcing Arsene Wenger to come up with a contingency plan.
The Ivory Coast international is a constant fixture for the Ligue 1 outfit this season, helping them stay within distance from a qualifying spot for European competition.
The 21-year-old offensive-minded defender has already contributed 7 assists in France's top-flight, coupled with 5 goals, while starting all of his 27 appearances.
He is in contract with Les Violets until 2018, but an opportunity to play in the biggest stage of club football - the Champions League - might be too tempting to pass up.
Aurier, whose value is believed to be in the region of £6million, has already received 7 international caps from the seniors' squad, only making his debut last June 2013.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29