Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Fight for Promising Toulouse Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 11:32 PM EST
Arsenal are suggested to be targeting Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, who could possibly take the place of outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna, this summer.
Arsene Wenger is eyeing Toulouse right-back Serge Aurier, who could replace outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna
Sagna has yet to sort out an agreement with the Gunners' hierarchy, forcing Arsene Wenger to come up with a contingency plan.
The Ivory Coast international is a constant fixture for the Ligue 1 outfit this season, helping them stay within distance from a qualifying spot for European competition.
The 21-year-old offensive-minded defender has already contributed 7 assists in France's top-flight, coupled with 5 goals, while starting all of his 27 appearances.
He is in contract with Les Violets until 2018, but an opportunity to play in the biggest stage of club football - the Champions League - might be too tempting to pass up.
Aurier, whose value is believed to be in the region of £6million, has already received 7 international caps from the seniors' squad, only making his debut last June 2013.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen