Watch: Video of $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador Crash Goes Viral
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 2, 2014 11:20 PM EST
There are quite a lot of videos of crashes, accidents and massive road mishaps posted online. But one particular video of a simple road accident has become a viral hit with more than three millions views in YouTube ever since the video was posted on 31 March.
A video of crash involving Lamborghini Aventador in the street of London has gone viral. (Screen Shot)
There is one good reason for this.
The accident does not involve any ordinary cars. It is Lamborghini Aventador - an expensive two-seater sports car introduced at the Geneva Motor Show on 28 February 2011.
What else could possibly make one more curious than the fact that a video of a $500,000 sleek-looking sport car has just been filmed crashing in a posh road in London.
The matte black Aventador is seen in the video slamming into a turning Mazda 5 van and a station BMW 3 Series. The Avantador's right front tire is seen climbing onto the Mazda's fender sending the Lambo airborne and slamming into the helpless BMW.
Luckily, no one was injured, although the two people inside the Lamborgini are clearly seen in a panicked state after the accident, according to CNBC.
Later on, the car left the scene of the crash on the back of a tow truck with significant damage to its front end.
Inhabitants of London's "Platinum triangle," a small area comprised of Mayfiar, Knightsbirdge and Belgravia, are reportedly used to the sight of expensive cars speeding through its streets. The area, after all, is supposed to be neighbourhood of choice for millionaires and billionaires.
A recent survey by real-estate agency Beauchamp Estaes and Dataloft cited by CNBC had found that London is the home to the highest number of billionaires in Western Europe.
The Aventador made its debut in 2011 as Lamborghini's flagship model. It was the successor to the company's ultra successful Murcielago. Powered by a 6.5 liter, 700HP V-12 driving a Haldex 4 wheel drive system, the car can reach the speed of 62 mph from a standstill position within 2.9 seconds. It has a top speed of 217 mph and starts for $397,500.
Watch the Video of the Crash Below:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]