Tata Zest Spy Image Rolls in Again along with Tata Nano Twist Active
By greeshma m | April 2, 2014 11:02 PM EST
Tata's soon-to-be-launched compact sedan has made its way to the cyber space once again through the new set of spy shots.
Tata Motors shows off their first new car in four years
Tata Zest, a car which was seen at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo has already made numerous appearances on the web through pictures and rumours. Now the latest is the pictures revealed by the folks at Motoroids, who caught the car testing on the outskirts of Pune along with new Tata Nano Twist Active AMT.
Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM.
The diesel model of the Zest will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM. The car is expected to come with features like new front grille, projector headlamps, steering wheel and dash board.
On the other hand, Nano Twist Active which was seen testing is expected to come with new three cylinder petrol engine that can generate a power of 67PS. Tata unveiled Nano Twist Active concept at the Auto Expo Delhi 2014. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering and it flaunts a new front-grille and open-able tailgate. It is expected to make its India debut by 2015.
Meanwhile, Tata Motors reported a 29.6 percent decline in total vehicle sales to 51,184 units in March. Domestic passenger vehicle sales declined to 45,996 units in March, from 69,160 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal