iPhone 6 Release, Features And Price in Australia; Brewing Speculations Uncovered
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 2, 2014 10:34 PM EST
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
With the launch of "cheaper" iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s which look like an upgrade of their predecessor, iPhone 5, expectations for the upcoming iPhone 6 is relatively high.
Whether Apple can suffice the thirst of their fans and raise the bar of innovation for a smartphone compared to the much talked about flagship of other brands such as Sony Xperia Z2, HTC M8 and the very popular Samsung Galaxy 5 is still unknown where Phone 6 release date reportedly will happen in September 2014.
To wrap up the rumors regarding iPhone 6 release date and the speculated features and price of the device, highlighted below are the following data regarding the upcoming iPhone 6:
Two Variants of iPhone 6 May Not be Released at the Same Time.
There are two variants touted for iPhone 6. The first sports a 4.7-inch screen similar to its predecessors and the other is a 5.7-inch phablet named iPhone 6C. A source suggested these two phones will not be released altogether with the smaller variant in August or early September while the other might wait for another year to be finally launched.
Leaked Features of iPhone 6
iPhone 6 is set to make a major redesign for both its hardware and software. Rumors suggested Apple is working to have an Optical Image Stabilization feature, dragging the chipmaker InvenSense as supplier. If this feature will be materialized, this will a put a punch in the iPhones reportedly will be a "protruding" camera.
A Daily Mail UK report leaked an image of how iPhone 6 may look like. If deemed true, users may delight seeing the thinnest iPhone ever. But that is not only what's in brew for the much-anticipated device. The iPhone 6 is speculated to feature a sapphire glass for the gadget's' display.
The material to exchange the Gorilla Glass is seen to have a pending patent application with Apple investing half-a billion dollars to make the technology possible. iPhone 6 will possibly run with the newest operating system Apple has in store, the iOS 8 that will come with health tracking app.
Also, it may be too early to predict how much iPhone 6 will cost in Australia. The only sure thing is that it will carry a price tag worthy of its brand, features and quality.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments