‘The Avengers’: Did they Cast Lindsay Lohan?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 2, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The much awaited sequel to the epic Marvel movie, "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron," has retained the original cast of the first movie and also has added Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) to the casting-list. Lindsay Lohan claims that she also almost made to the casting list of the first "Avengers" movie, according to USA Today.
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives at the premiere of the film ''Scary Movie 5'' in Hollywood, April 11, 2013.
Lindsay Lohan for sure knows how to be in the news. Recently, she hit the headlines because of her list of boyfriends, and now she claims that she was almost part of the team of superheroes in the first adaptation of the comic series. There are many who are surprised by the claim of the "Mean Girls" star, because she has never been the first choice for action roles, except for the small part she played in "Machete," which was released in 2010.
The "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" actress is referring to a time when apparently her agent did not negotiate enough for her to be included in the box office chart topper, "The Avengers," which released in April 2012. This news has come as a complete surprise, as no one knew she was even considered for any part of the movie as fans turn to Twitter and Facebook to air their disbelief. This surprising news also has merited a 9gag meme, which many online viewers have responded with more disbelief.
Reportedly, the former child star was desperate to get the role, but her agent did not do enough to get her the role. It is speculated that the role that she is referring to might have gone to the "How I Met Your Mother" star Cobie Smulders.
Hollywood insiders believe that there is a reason why some directors and producers avoid certain actors and actress, most often, because they are hard to work with. Online readers feel that it might be the reason why she did not get the part. In an interview, Oprah had expressed how difficult it is working with Lohan and that others have warned her even before she had started the reality show, featuring the 27-year-old star.
Lindsay Lohan Said She Was Almost Cast In The Avengers, But We Don't Know If We Believe The Source (FYI: It's ... http://t.co/R7LWzixJBe — 9GAG (@9GAG_ok) April 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date