‘The Avengers’: Did they Cast Lindsay Lohan?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 2, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The much awaited sequel to the epic Marvel movie, "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron," has retained the original cast of the first movie and also has added Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) to the casting-list. Lindsay Lohan claims that she also almost made to the casting list of the first "Avengers" movie, according to USA Today.
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives at the premiere of the film ''Scary Movie 5'' in Hollywood, April 11, 2013.
Lindsay Lohan for sure knows how to be in the news. Recently, she hit the headlines because of her list of boyfriends, and now she claims that she was almost part of the team of superheroes in the first adaptation of the comic series. There are many who are surprised by the claim of the "Mean Girls" star, because she has never been the first choice for action roles, except for the small part she played in "Machete," which was released in 2010.
The "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" actress is referring to a time when apparently her agent did not negotiate enough for her to be included in the box office chart topper, "The Avengers," which released in April 2012. This news has come as a complete surprise, as no one knew she was even considered for any part of the movie as fans turn to Twitter and Facebook to air their disbelief. This surprising news also has merited a 9gag meme, which many online viewers have responded with more disbelief.
Reportedly, the former child star was desperate to get the role, but her agent did not do enough to get her the role. It is speculated that the role that she is referring to might have gone to the "How I Met Your Mother" star Cobie Smulders.
Hollywood insiders believe that there is a reason why some directors and producers avoid certain actors and actress, most often, because they are hard to work with. Online readers feel that it might be the reason why she did not get the part. In an interview, Oprah had expressed how difficult it is working with Lohan and that others have warned her even before she had started the reality show, featuring the 27-year-old star.
Lindsay Lohan Said She Was Almost Cast In The Avengers, But We Don't Know If We Believe The Source (FYI: It's ... http://t.co/R7LWzixJBe — 9GAG (@9GAG_ok) April 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand