Liverpool FC Transfer News: Insider Reveals Reds’ Interest for Chelsea Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Liverpool are interested in acquiring out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle when the season ends.
Football Direct News claims that a club insider revealed that the Blues are willing to sell the Germany international if the price is right.
Liverpool are set to tempt out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle to make an Anfield switch
The 23-year-old has, so far, only made 11 starts in the Premier League, primarily used as a substitute and as cover, should preferred attacking options like Willian, Oscar, and Eden Hazard, be unavailable.
Nevertheless, his predatory instincts in front of goal helped him impressively find the back of the net 7 times.
His limited yet fine form still earns him a regular call-up from the Joachim Low-managed national side, coming in off the bench in their 1-0 victory against Chile last month.
Schurrle's value has suffered a slight dip since he switched to Stamford Bridge, but still has the chance of redeeming himself at the World Cup.
Liverpool are believed to be keen on taking advantage of a possible discount for taking the £17million-rated star.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million