Liverpool FC Transfer News: Insider Reveals Reds’ Interest for Chelsea Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Liverpool are interested in acquiring out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle when the season ends.
Football Direct News claims that a club insider revealed that the Blues are willing to sell the Germany international if the price is right.
Liverpool are set to tempt out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle to make an Anfield switch
The 23-year-old has, so far, only made 11 starts in the Premier League, primarily used as a substitute and as cover, should preferred attacking options like Willian, Oscar, and Eden Hazard, be unavailable.
Nevertheless, his predatory instincts in front of goal helped him impressively find the back of the net 7 times.
His limited yet fine form still earns him a regular call-up from the Joachim Low-managed national side, coming in off the bench in their 1-0 victory against Chile last month.
Schurrle's value has suffered a slight dip since he switched to Stamford Bridge, but still has the chance of redeeming himself at the World Cup.
Liverpool are believed to be keen on taking advantage of a possible discount for taking the £17million-rated star.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match