Liverpool FC Transfer News: Insider Reveals Reds’ Interest for Chelsea Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Liverpool are interested in acquiring out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle when the season ends.
Football Direct News claims that a club insider revealed that the Blues are willing to sell the Germany international if the price is right.
Liverpool are set to tempt out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle to make an Anfield switch
The 23-year-old has, so far, only made 11 starts in the Premier League, primarily used as a substitute and as cover, should preferred attacking options like Willian, Oscar, and Eden Hazard, be unavailable.
Nevertheless, his predatory instincts in front of goal helped him impressively find the back of the net 7 times.
His limited yet fine form still earns him a regular call-up from the Joachim Low-managed national side, coming in off the bench in their 1-0 victory against Chile last month.
Schurrle's value has suffered a slight dip since he switched to Stamford Bridge, but still has the chance of redeeming himself at the World Cup.
Liverpool are believed to be keen on taking advantage of a possible discount for taking the £17million-rated star.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy