KCA's Most Favorite Show 'Sam and Cat' Will Not Have a Second Season Because of Jeanette McCurdy?
By Annie Dee | April 2, 2014 7:14 PM EST
The kids have spoken, Sam & Cat is their Favorite TV Show, and its lead actress, Ariana Grande, is their Favourite TV Actress. However, their voice may not be enough to get the show a second season despite this big win. And the possible culprit? Jeannette McCurdy, or Sam of the Sam & Cat combo, and her racy pictures, absence from the KCA awards, reported dramatic feud with Ariana Grande and grudge against the Nickelodeon itself.
Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande in "Sam & Cat"
According to Deadline, the future of the show is still uncertain. In fact, there is a big possibility that the show will get axed notwithstanding its popularity. "There has been talk about discord on the set, with emotions running high and Jennette McCurdy and Grande sometimes showing up late. The grueling, 40-episode shoot has been taxing on everyone. Additionally, McCurdy had been going through a difficult time in her personal life for the past six months and recently had to deal with the leak of racy photos, while Grande's music career has taken off a big time," the site reports.
Fueling the reports are McCurdy's tweets accusing of Nickelodeon of unfair treatment. Earlier on, she has been reported to be feuding with Grande, resulting into her unfollowing the Most Favourite Actress's social media account. McCurdy's not showing up at the KCAs says it all. Or does it?
What is this unfair treatment that McCurdy is talking about? Did Nickelodeon did something wrong, favoring Grande over her? McCurdy had said, " "I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing. I want to thank those of you who have reached out with kind words of support, McCurdians and Arianators alike. No matter who or what you support, I believe in supporting fairness first. If you have done that, thank you."
Could she possibly be griping about being given a hard time for a racy picture? Is this why Ariana Grande herself has a racy photo leaked out of the internet too, albeit a fake? Can the actress resent the fact that Grande's music career is skyrocketing? However, the most important question of them all is that can Nickelodeon really cancel a show that has just won big in the hearts of the kids who voted on the awards?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid