Honda Activa 125 Prices Revealed, Bookings Open; What We Know So Far
By greeshma m | April 2, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is likely to pull the wraps off its much anticipated Activa 125 in the domestic market in the first week of April. Emerging reports suggest that the dealers of the company in India have started accepting bookings for Honda's next Activa offering with an advance payment of 5,000.
Activa 125, an amazing creation of Honda in the Activa line up, has been getting lot of attention in the domestic market since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. Now a report by Zigwheels suggests that the Activa 125 will come in two variants- standard and Deluxe. While the Standard Activa 125 would carry a price tag of 56, 000, the second version Activa 125 Deluxe would reach the market at 61,000.
What We Know So Far
Previous reports suggested that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Under the hood, Activa 125 will pack 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the scooter will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. Activa 125 will hit the scooter market in four colours- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
The scooter when launched, will directly challenge the country's current 125cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide