Honda Activa 125 Prices Revealed, Bookings Open; What We Know So Far
By greeshma m | April 2, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is likely to pull the wraps off its much anticipated Activa 125 in the domestic market in the first week of April. Emerging reports suggest that the dealers of the company in India have started accepting bookings for Honda's next Activa offering with an advance payment of 5,000.
Activa 125, an amazing creation of Honda in the Activa line up, has been getting lot of attention in the domestic market since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. Now a report by Zigwheels suggests that the Activa 125 will come in two variants- standard and Deluxe. While the Standard Activa 125 would carry a price tag of 56, 000, the second version Activa 125 Deluxe would reach the market at 61,000.
What We Know So Far
Previous reports suggested that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Under the hood, Activa 125 will pack 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the scooter will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. Activa 125 will hit the scooter market in four colours- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
The scooter when launched, will directly challenge the country's current 125cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People