Honda Activa 125 Prices Revealed, Bookings Open; What We Know So Far
By greeshma m | April 2, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is likely to pull the wraps off its much anticipated Activa 125 in the domestic market in the first week of April. Emerging reports suggest that the dealers of the company in India have started accepting bookings for Honda's next Activa offering with an advance payment of 5,000.
Activa 125, an amazing creation of Honda in the Activa line up, has been getting lot of attention in the domestic market since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. Now a report by Zigwheels suggests that the Activa 125 will come in two variants- standard and Deluxe. While the Standard Activa 125 would carry a price tag of 56, 000, the second version Activa 125 Deluxe would reach the market at 61,000.
What We Know So Far
Previous reports suggested that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Under the hood, Activa 125 will pack 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the scooter will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. Activa 125 will hit the scooter market in four colours- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
The scooter when launched, will directly challenge the country's current 125cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet