Honda Activa 125 Prices Revealed, Bookings Open; What We Know So Far
By greeshma m | April 2, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is likely to pull the wraps off its much anticipated Activa 125 in the domestic market in the first week of April. Emerging reports suggest that the dealers of the company in India have started accepting bookings for Honda's next Activa offering with an advance payment of 5,000.
Activa 125, an amazing creation of Honda in the Activa line up, has been getting lot of attention in the domestic market since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo. Now a report by Zigwheels suggests that the Activa 125 will come in two variants- standard and Deluxe. While the Standard Activa 125 would carry a price tag of 56, 000, the second version Activa 125 Deluxe would reach the market at 61,000.
What We Know So Far
Previous reports suggested that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Under the hood, Activa 125 will pack 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the scooter will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. Activa 125 will hit the scooter market in four colours- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
The scooter when launched, will directly challenge the country's current 125cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements