Super Rugby’s Governing Body to Investigate Waratahs Aussie coach Cheika for Cameraman Incident
By James Patrick Quizon | April 2, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Broadcaster Super Sport based in South Africa is asserting that NSW Waratahs coach Michael Cheika had a verbal confrontation with one of their cameramen in the Waratahs’ game on Saturday. SANZAR, the Super Rugby’s governing body has taken notice and is set to investigate the incident.
"There was a confrontation with the cameraman, the coach objected to Super Sport filming him and he approached and abused him," a Super Sport spokesman said in an ESPN article. "A couple of choice words were used. Where Super Sport draws the line is being threatened."
The supposed clash occurred during Waratah’s loss to the Sharks at Kings Park but the Waratahs’ coach had a different take why he left the box and went to the side of the pitch.
"The Sharks captain was continually in the ear of the referee. When [the referee] came into the dressing room before the game and spoke to our captain he said 'don't come up and talk to me unless there's a point. So I asked Dave to get involved there and say 'you can't keep talking to the referee all the time, we have to play'. The game was stopping far too much, there was too much talking around those things, which hurt us," said Chaika.
The former Australian rugby union player has had a history of being an ill-tempered coach during the matches. Two weeks ago, he broke a pane of glass in the coaches’ box at Canberra Stadium where his team lost to the Brumbles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar