Super Rugby’s Governing Body to Investigate Waratahs Aussie coach Cheika for Cameraman Incident
By James Patrick Quizon | April 2, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Broadcaster Super Sport based in South Africa is asserting that NSW Waratahs coach Michael Cheika had a verbal confrontation with one of their cameramen in the Waratahs’ game on Saturday. SANZAR, the Super Rugby’s governing body has taken notice and is set to investigate the incident.
"There was a confrontation with the cameraman, the coach objected to Super Sport filming him and he approached and abused him," a Super Sport spokesman said in an ESPN article. "A couple of choice words were used. Where Super Sport draws the line is being threatened."
The supposed clash occurred during Waratah’s loss to the Sharks at Kings Park but the Waratahs’ coach had a different take why he left the box and went to the side of the pitch.
"The Sharks captain was continually in the ear of the referee. When [the referee] came into the dressing room before the game and spoke to our captain he said 'don't come up and talk to me unless there's a point. So I asked Dave to get involved there and say 'you can't keep talking to the referee all the time, we have to play'. The game was stopping far too much, there was too much talking around those things, which hurt us," said Chaika.
The former Australian rugby union player has had a history of being an ill-tempered coach during the matches. Two weeks ago, he broke a pane of glass in the coaches’ box at Canberra Stadium where his team lost to the Brumbles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide