Liverpool FC Transfer News Norwich Playmaker Linked with Anfield Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly keen on bringing in Norwich playmaker Leroy Fer in the upcoming transfer window to add depth and experience to the club's midfield, according to CaughtOffside.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might bring in Norwich midfielder Leroy Fer in the next transfer window
The Netherlands international has been linked with a Merseyside move in the past that apparently did not materialise, but after a solid campaign with the Canaries in his debut season, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers might finally mount a serious bid for the 24-year-old.
Fer has started and played almost all of Norwich's fixture, thus far, missing substantial action only because of an injury.
His output of 4 goals and 3 assists in 29 appearances might seem modest, yet his presence and playmaking ability in the middle of the park could influence the outcome of the game.
The former FC Twente man has already received five caps from Holland's senior squad, previously participating in a friendly against Colombia last November.
He is suggested to have cost the Canaries £4.6million, but his value has since risen to £7million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider