Liverpool FC Transfer News Norwich Playmaker Linked with Anfield Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly keen on bringing in Norwich playmaker Leroy Fer in the upcoming transfer window to add depth and experience to the club's midfield, according to CaughtOffside.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might bring in Norwich midfielder Leroy Fer in the next transfer window
The Netherlands international has been linked with a Merseyside move in the past that apparently did not materialise, but after a solid campaign with the Canaries in his debut season, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers might finally mount a serious bid for the 24-year-old.
Fer has started and played almost all of Norwich's fixture, thus far, missing substantial action only because of an injury.
His output of 4 goals and 3 assists in 29 appearances might seem modest, yet his presence and playmaking ability in the middle of the park could influence the outcome of the game.
The former FC Twente man has already received five caps from Holland's senior squad, previously participating in a friendly against Colombia last November.
He is suggested to have cost the Canaries £4.6million, but his value has since risen to £7million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports