Liverpool FC Transfer News Norwich Playmaker Linked with Anfield Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 2, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly keen on bringing in Norwich playmaker Leroy Fer in the upcoming transfer window to add depth and experience to the club's midfield, according to CaughtOffside.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might bring in Norwich midfielder Leroy Fer in the next transfer window
The Netherlands international has been linked with a Merseyside move in the past that apparently did not materialise, but after a solid campaign with the Canaries in his debut season, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers might finally mount a serious bid for the 24-year-old.
Fer has started and played almost all of Norwich's fixture, thus far, missing substantial action only because of an injury.
His output of 4 goals and 3 assists in 29 appearances might seem modest, yet his presence and playmaking ability in the middle of the park could influence the outcome of the game.
The former FC Twente man has already received five caps from Holland's senior squad, previously participating in a friendly against Colombia last November.
He is suggested to have cost the Canaries £4.6million, but his value has since risen to £7million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble