Michael Jackson New Album to Release in May; Will it Be a Hit or Miss?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 2, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Fans of the late Michael Jackson have something to get reminded of them of their idol. A posthumous soundtrack collection of the legendary King of Pop is set to be released on May according to Epic Records.
Michael Jackson has been crowned the highest-earning dead celebrity of 2013.
The album called "Xscape" will feature Michael Jackson's unreleased songs. It will be produced by the Epic Records CEO Antonio Reed with the songwriter and rapper Timbaland as the lead producer. Other contributors include Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome Harmon, and John McClain, the late Jackson's estate executor according to a report by CNN.
Reid shares that the late King of Pop before his death left musical performances that the present producers take pride to present. Producers of Xscape is a team of the very people whom Michael Jackson worked with in the past, as well as people whom the legend expressed a desire to work with.
Reports suggest that the song "Xscape" is a project that Michael Jackson himself is working with before his last days with Rodney Jerkins. Jerkins co-wrote and co-produced the song which he presently contemporised for the album project.
Michael Jackson died in June 25, 2009 due to "acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication" while preparing for a comeback concert "This is It." His death caused worldwide mourning among fans, especially those who followed his career since the heydays of the "The Jackson 5."
The May release if "Xscape" is rekindling the memory of the famous musician; however, the endeavour is expected to receive mixed reactions from Jackson's family and fans. Michael Jackson had been a big hit in the 80s and his name continually lives until today. With the voice of the pop superstar being heard again, it raises question of whether the new album can level the previous success of the late singer breaking records worldwide.
The "Xscape" album's global release is on May 13. Meanwhile, Sony Xperia users (Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 tablet, Xperia M2,) will be able to acquire the latest soundtrack via Xperia Lounge app for free. The album will be available for Sony users exactly on the day of the release, according to Digital Spy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff