Michael Jackson New Album to Release in May; Will it Be a Hit or Miss?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 2, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Fans of the late Michael Jackson have something to get reminded of them of their idol. A posthumous soundtrack collection of the legendary King of Pop is set to be released on May according to Epic Records.
Michael Jackson has been crowned the highest-earning dead celebrity of 2013.
The album called "Xscape" will feature Michael Jackson's unreleased songs. It will be produced by the Epic Records CEO Antonio Reed with the songwriter and rapper Timbaland as the lead producer. Other contributors include Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome Harmon, and John McClain, the late Jackson's estate executor according to a report by CNN.
Reid shares that the late King of Pop before his death left musical performances that the present producers take pride to present. Producers of Xscape is a team of the very people whom Michael Jackson worked with in the past, as well as people whom the legend expressed a desire to work with.
Reports suggest that the song "Xscape" is a project that Michael Jackson himself is working with before his last days with Rodney Jerkins. Jerkins co-wrote and co-produced the song which he presently contemporised for the album project.
Michael Jackson died in June 25, 2009 due to "acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication" while preparing for a comeback concert "This is It." His death caused worldwide mourning among fans, especially those who followed his career since the heydays of the "The Jackson 5."
The May release if "Xscape" is rekindling the memory of the famous musician; however, the endeavour is expected to receive mixed reactions from Jackson's family and fans. Michael Jackson had been a big hit in the 80s and his name continually lives until today. With the voice of the pop superstar being heard again, it raises question of whether the new album can level the previous success of the late singer breaking records worldwide.
The "Xscape" album's global release is on May 13. Meanwhile, Sony Xperia users (Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 tablet, Xperia M2,) will be able to acquire the latest soundtrack via Xperia Lounge app for free. The album will be available for Sony users exactly on the day of the release, according to Digital Spy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar