Michael Jackson New Album to Release in May; Will it Be a Hit or Miss?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 2, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Fans of the late Michael Jackson have something to get reminded of them of their idol. A posthumous soundtrack collection of the legendary King of Pop is set to be released on May according to Epic Records.
Michael Jackson has been crowned the highest-earning dead celebrity of 2013.
The album called "Xscape" will feature Michael Jackson's unreleased songs. It will be produced by the Epic Records CEO Antonio Reed with the songwriter and rapper Timbaland as the lead producer. Other contributors include Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome Harmon, and John McClain, the late Jackson's estate executor according to a report by CNN.
Reid shares that the late King of Pop before his death left musical performances that the present producers take pride to present. Producers of Xscape is a team of the very people whom Michael Jackson worked with in the past, as well as people whom the legend expressed a desire to work with.
Reports suggest that the song "Xscape" is a project that Michael Jackson himself is working with before his last days with Rodney Jerkins. Jerkins co-wrote and co-produced the song which he presently contemporised for the album project.
Michael Jackson died in June 25, 2009 due to "acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication" while preparing for a comeback concert "This is It." His death caused worldwide mourning among fans, especially those who followed his career since the heydays of the "The Jackson 5."
The May release if "Xscape" is rekindling the memory of the famous musician; however, the endeavour is expected to receive mixed reactions from Jackson's family and fans. Michael Jackson had been a big hit in the 80s and his name continually lives until today. With the voice of the pop superstar being heard again, it raises question of whether the new album can level the previous success of the late singer breaking records worldwide.
The "Xscape" album's global release is on May 13. Meanwhile, Sony Xperia users (Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 tablet, Xperia M2,) will be able to acquire the latest soundtrack via Xperia Lounge app for free. The album will be available for Sony users exactly on the day of the release, according to Digital Spy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles