Michael Jackson New Album to Release in May; Will it Be a Hit or Miss?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 2, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Fans of the late Michael Jackson have something to get reminded of them of their idol. A posthumous soundtrack collection of the legendary King of Pop is set to be released on May according to Epic Records.
Michael Jackson has been crowned the highest-earning dead celebrity of 2013.
The album called "Xscape" will feature Michael Jackson's unreleased songs. It will be produced by the Epic Records CEO Antonio Reed with the songwriter and rapper Timbaland as the lead producer. Other contributors include Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome Harmon, and John McClain, the late Jackson's estate executor according to a report by CNN.
Reid shares that the late King of Pop before his death left musical performances that the present producers take pride to present. Producers of Xscape is a team of the very people whom Michael Jackson worked with in the past, as well as people whom the legend expressed a desire to work with.
Reports suggest that the song "Xscape" is a project that Michael Jackson himself is working with before his last days with Rodney Jerkins. Jerkins co-wrote and co-produced the song which he presently contemporised for the album project.
Michael Jackson died in June 25, 2009 due to "acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication" while preparing for a comeback concert "This is It." His death caused worldwide mourning among fans, especially those who followed his career since the heydays of the "The Jackson 5."
The May release if "Xscape" is rekindling the memory of the famous musician; however, the endeavour is expected to receive mixed reactions from Jackson's family and fans. Michael Jackson had been a big hit in the 80s and his name continually lives until today. With the voice of the pop superstar being heard again, it raises question of whether the new album can level the previous success of the late singer breaking records worldwide.
The "Xscape" album's global release is on May 13. Meanwhile, Sony Xperia users (Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 tablet, Xperia M2,) will be able to acquire the latest soundtrack via Xperia Lounge app for free. The album will be available for Sony users exactly on the day of the release, according to Digital Spy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter