Shakira Marries FC Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 2, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Latina singer Shakira and FC Barcelona star Gerard Piqué have officially tied the knot.
A report by Latina.com revealed that Shakira and Piqué married in a secret ceremony in Barcelona, Spain, over the weekend. The Web site further reported that Shakira and Piqué's adorable son Milan played his part in the wedding by being the ring bearer. The newlywed couple reportedly met in 2010. She is 10 years his senior, and they both share the same birthday.
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Speaking to ITV's Lorraine, as reported by Reveal.co.uk, Shakira opened up about the song she wrote for Piqué for her new album. She described Piqué as her prince. "The song was more about the miracle that it was to meet him and how he changed my life," said Shakira.
"Sometimes I feel at that time when we had met, I often felt like a princess trapped in a castle with a dragon inside," she said. "He was that prince that rescued me from the dragon," she added.
Shakira said that her description may sound a little cheesy, but it is how she feels.
"I was searching for happiness for so long and I finally found it in him," Shakira concluded.
Shakira currently serves as a judge in the latest season of reality singing contest The Voice. She recently released her 10th album where she did collaborations with different musical artists like Rihanna and fellow The Voice judge Blake Shelton. Shakira's duet with Shelton made its debut on the Country Airplay chart at the 57th spot. The song, titled Medicine, is a little different from the songs that people have gotten used to hearing Shakira sing.
"The acoustic guitars, that type of narrative, songs that have a traditional structure, and I said to Shelton, 'I want to do that type of song,'" Shakira told Billboard. According to Shakira, she didn't know at first what route to take for the song - such as make it a dance or pop song - and she had to make eight versions of it. "But I said, no, this is a country music."
Shakira and Shelton already sang the song live during the season opener of The Voice. They will be performing the song again on the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 6. Listen to Medicine here.
Congratulations to the newlyweds, Shakira and Piqué!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped