Shakira Marries FC Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 2, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Latina singer Shakira and FC Barcelona star Gerard Piqué have officially tied the knot.
A report by Latina.com revealed that Shakira and Piqué married in a secret ceremony in Barcelona, Spain, over the weekend. The Web site further reported that Shakira and Piqué's adorable son Milan played his part in the wedding by being the ring bearer. The newlywed couple reportedly met in 2010. She is 10 years his senior, and they both share the same birthday.
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Speaking to ITV's Lorraine, as reported by Reveal.co.uk, Shakira opened up about the song she wrote for Piqué for her new album. She described Piqué as her prince. "The song was more about the miracle that it was to meet him and how he changed my life," said Shakira.
"Sometimes I feel at that time when we had met, I often felt like a princess trapped in a castle with a dragon inside," she said. "He was that prince that rescued me from the dragon," she added.
Shakira said that her description may sound a little cheesy, but it is how she feels.
"I was searching for happiness for so long and I finally found it in him," Shakira concluded.
Shakira currently serves as a judge in the latest season of reality singing contest The Voice. She recently released her 10th album where she did collaborations with different musical artists like Rihanna and fellow The Voice judge Blake Shelton. Shakira's duet with Shelton made its debut on the Country Airplay chart at the 57th spot. The song, titled Medicine, is a little different from the songs that people have gotten used to hearing Shakira sing.
"The acoustic guitars, that type of narrative, songs that have a traditional structure, and I said to Shelton, 'I want to do that type of song,'" Shakira told Billboard. According to Shakira, she didn't know at first what route to take for the song - such as make it a dance or pop song - and she had to make eight versions of it. "But I said, no, this is a country music."
Shakira and Shelton already sang the song live during the season opener of The Voice. They will be performing the song again on the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 6. Listen to Medicine here.
Congratulations to the newlyweds, Shakira and Piqué!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best