Jennette McCurdy Angry At Nickelodeon; ‘Sam & Cat’ In Danger Of Being Cancelled
By Anne Lu | April 2, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Jennette McCurdy has hinted that she is mad at Nickelodeon for reasons unmentioned. The “Sam & Cat” star, is apparently in hot water over her sexy selfies that was alleged leaked, which have put on hold the production of her show with Ariana Grande.
In March, sexy photos of the 21-year-old actress hit the Internet just days after she slammed NBA player Andre Drummond on a podcast show, claiming that his kiss “wasn’t right.”
McCurdy said that she sent the pics to only one person, and that whoever that person is, he was most probably the one who leaked the pics.
Drummond was the prime suspect, but he has denied doing so. After McCurdy slammed him on air, he even had the grace not to retaliate.
The racy photos may have been forgotten for a while, but it seems that they are causing damage to McCurdy’s reputation and career.
Production on the tween series have reportedly halted, and a renewal for second season appears to be no longer a priority on the network.
According to the NY Daily News, McCurdy was angry about her naked selfies that she boycotted the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards and blamed the network for her absence. She has also been feuding with 20-year-old Grande
“A lot of you guys are asking why I didn’t attend the KCAs... I wish I could explain everything as thoroughly as I would like to, but unfortunately a simpler explanation is all I can write. I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me,” she posted through twitlonger.com.
“I chose not to go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing. I want to thanks those of you who have reached out with kind words of support, McCurdians and Arianators alike. No matter who or what you support, I believe in supporting fairness first. If you have done that, thank you.”
As many readers might have guessed incorrectly, she wasn’t referring to the “leaked” sexy selfies. What she was really referring to was anyone’s guess.
My previous tweet has nothing to do with pics leaked.oh you guys lol
— Jennette McCurdy (@jennettemccurdy) March 30, 2014
It has to do with how nickelodeon treated me. That's all. Thanks for the love. <3 — Jennette McCurdy (@jennettemccurdy) March 30, 2014
It’s not clear why McCurdy is angry at the network, though.
A Nickelodeon official also confirmed to The News that McCurdy’s selfies weren’t the issue.
“The photos caused no issues between McCurdy and the network, and we have the utmost respect for her,” the rep said.
“We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of ‘Sam & Cat,’ and everyone is understandably tired,” a separate statement was issued by Nickelodeon officials.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide