Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 2, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Nokia gave the Nokia 3310, one of the Finnish company's most successful cell phones, a grand makeover on April Fools' Day 2014. The Nokia 3310 that was released back in 2000 featured the 41MP PureView camera on the special prank date.
The Nokia 3310 can be seen sporting the massive camera hump at the rear side of the phone comparable to the Nokia 808 PureView and the Nokia Lumia 1020. Click HERE to see photo.
According to NDTV Gadgets, the Nokia smartphone manufacturer claims the Nokia 3310 now runs on the modified version of Windows 8 with the new 3-inch "Clear Diamond" WXGA touch screen display set at 1280x768p resolution. The device also has the three soft-touch navigation buttons together with the Windows Phone "home" button.
Other features and specs on the Nokia 3310 include the 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage capacity, a microSD card slot, the power of a 1430mAh battery, the Xenon flash and Carl Zeiss optics in the 41MP PureView camera, a couple of classic Nokia ringtones, Bluetooth 4.0 support, Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity while the LTE-enabled devices will arrive later this 2014.
The case measurements are 113mm x 48mm x 22mm then the weight is set at 133 grams. The Nokia 3310 with the 41MP PurView camera will be offered in a variety of colour choices such as blue, dark blue, green red and yellow.
In terms of gaming, the new Nokia 3310 is pre-loaded with four games of Snake II, Pairs II, Space Impact and Bantumi. The additional pre-installed apps include MS Office, Xbox Games, Outlook and One Drive.
Juha Alakarhu, the Head of the Imaging Technologies of Nokia, expressed excitement about the Nokia 3310 makeover at Nokia Conversations. "I'm really excited that we've found a way to marry our innovative PureView technology with such a beloved device. With its durable design and iconic look, we think even more people will enjoy our signature PureView magic," Juha Alakarhu stated.
On Tuesday, April 1, rival companies HTC and Samsung also showed their sense of humour during the 2014 April Fools' Day with their invented gadgets. Both companies showed off their "Smart Gloves." Click HERE to see photos.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mobile Offers Windows Phone Handset at Only $200 Price - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health