Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 2, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Nokia gave the Nokia 3310, one of the Finnish company's most successful cell phones, a grand makeover on April Fools' Day 2014. The Nokia 3310 that was released back in 2000 featured the 41MP PureView camera on the special prank date.
The Nokia 3310 can be seen sporting the massive camera hump at the rear side of the phone comparable to the Nokia 808 PureView and the Nokia Lumia 1020. Click HERE to see photo.
According to NDTV Gadgets, the Nokia smartphone manufacturer claims the Nokia 3310 now runs on the modified version of Windows 8 with the new 3-inch "Clear Diamond" WXGA touch screen display set at 1280x768p resolution. The device also has the three soft-touch navigation buttons together with the Windows Phone "home" button.
Other features and specs on the Nokia 3310 include the 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage capacity, a microSD card slot, the power of a 1430mAh battery, the Xenon flash and Carl Zeiss optics in the 41MP PureView camera, a couple of classic Nokia ringtones, Bluetooth 4.0 support, Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity while the LTE-enabled devices will arrive later this 2014.
The case measurements are 113mm x 48mm x 22mm then the weight is set at 133 grams. The Nokia 3310 with the 41MP PurView camera will be offered in a variety of colour choices such as blue, dark blue, green red and yellow.
In terms of gaming, the new Nokia 3310 is pre-loaded with four games of Snake II, Pairs II, Space Impact and Bantumi. The additional pre-installed apps include MS Office, Xbox Games, Outlook and One Drive.
Juha Alakarhu, the Head of the Imaging Technologies of Nokia, expressed excitement about the Nokia 3310 makeover at Nokia Conversations. "I'm really excited that we've found a way to marry our innovative PureView technology with such a beloved device. With its durable design and iconic look, we think even more people will enjoy our signature PureView magic," Juha Alakarhu stated.
On Tuesday, April 1, rival companies HTC and Samsung also showed their sense of humour during the 2014 April Fools' Day with their invented gadgets. Both companies showed off their "Smart Gloves." Click HERE to see photos.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mobile Offers Windows Phone Handset at Only $200 Price - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June