Washington Redskins Nab Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson
By James Patrick Quizon | April 2, 2014 4:57 PM EST
DeSean Jackson visited Washington over the last few days. And before he leaves the nation’s capital, he might become the wide receiver of their football team.
NBC News 4 Washington is reporting that the controversial player has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins and could sign a three-year contract as early as Wednesday. While the signing is still unofficial, Jackson himself gave clues on where he’ll be playing next on social media:
ITS GOIN DOWN !! BURGUNDY & GOLD http://t.co/tPN4g6AbeS
— Desean Jackson (@DeseanJackson10) April 2, 2014
Despite coming off the best season of his career, the Philadelphia Eagles released him on Friday apparently because of alleged “gang connections”. Jackson finished with 1,332 receiving yards on 82 passes with the Eagles in the 2013-2014 season. After getting released by Philadelphia, Jackson denied the reports that he had gang ties.
Congrats to our client @DeseanJackson10 who is now officially a @Redskins . — Denise White (@DeniseWhite_EAG) April 2, 2014
Other wide receivers in Washington are Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon and Andre Roberts. With the addition of Pro Bowl WR in DeSean Jackson, quarterback Robert Griffin III will have more options to target.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match