NFL Trade Rumours: NY Jets Signing DeSean Jackson Is No Brainer, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 2, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The New York Jets are reportedly interested to bring mercurial wide receiver DeSean Jackson who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles in the weekend.
Rumours are circulating that the Jets front office has already set their sight on Jackson after signing former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick this offseason. The wideout is considered one of the best in his position, but reports of his affiliation with a Los Angeles-based gang known as the Crisp prompted the Eagles to end their ties with the former Pro Bowl.
"One of the best players in football had been cut loose in his prime, despite the Eagles having ample money to keep him around. Then, news began circulation that Jackson might have ties to the Crips, a gang from Los Angeles. Jackson has denied the accusations, but the claims had been made and the damage done," SB Nation reported.
According to a report by Brian Costello of New York Daily Post, the Jets still have high interest in acquiring Jackson but a decision should be made first by the team's bigwig officials before taking a gamble on the wideout.
"A source said Friday the Jets are still interested in Jackson, but acknowledged conversations needed to occur at the organization's highest levels before they make a move," NY Daily Post reported.
There are reports that the Jets have been talking with Jackson internally and even hoped for a trade with the Eagles involving the wide receiver. A source close to the situation even called the Jets' signing of Jackson a no brainer because of the presence of individuals who previously worked with him during his stint at University of California and with the Eagles.
"He likely will lean on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who worked with Jackson at the University of California. New Jets quarterback Michael Vick is close with Jackson as well from their days as Eagles," the site reported.
The Jets will greatly benefit from Jackson's catching ability, giving them another great target alongside newly acquired wideout Eric Decker (five-year, $36 million deal).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff