NFL Trade Rumours: NY Jets Signing DeSean Jackson Is No Brainer, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 2, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The New York Jets are reportedly interested to bring mercurial wide receiver DeSean Jackson who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles in the weekend.
Rumours are circulating that the Jets front office has already set their sight on Jackson after signing former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick this offseason. The wideout is considered one of the best in his position, but reports of his affiliation with a Los Angeles-based gang known as the Crisp prompted the Eagles to end their ties with the former Pro Bowl.
"One of the best players in football had been cut loose in his prime, despite the Eagles having ample money to keep him around. Then, news began circulation that Jackson might have ties to the Crips, a gang from Los Angeles. Jackson has denied the accusations, but the claims had been made and the damage done," SB Nation reported.
According to a report by Brian Costello of New York Daily Post, the Jets still have high interest in acquiring Jackson but a decision should be made first by the team's bigwig officials before taking a gamble on the wideout.
"A source said Friday the Jets are still interested in Jackson, but acknowledged conversations needed to occur at the organization's highest levels before they make a move," NY Daily Post reported.
There are reports that the Jets have been talking with Jackson internally and even hoped for a trade with the Eagles involving the wide receiver. A source close to the situation even called the Jets' signing of Jackson a no brainer because of the presence of individuals who previously worked with him during his stint at University of California and with the Eagles.
"He likely will lean on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who worked with Jackson at the University of California. New Jets quarterback Michael Vick is close with Jackson as well from their days as Eagles," the site reported.
The Jets will greatly benefit from Jackson's catching ability, giving them another great target alongside newly acquired wideout Eric Decker (five-year, $36 million deal).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation