NFL Trade Rumours: NY Jets Signing DeSean Jackson Is No Brainer, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 2, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The New York Jets are reportedly interested to bring mercurial wide receiver DeSean Jackson who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles in the weekend.
Rumours are circulating that the Jets front office has already set their sight on Jackson after signing former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick this offseason. The wideout is considered one of the best in his position, but reports of his affiliation with a Los Angeles-based gang known as the Crisp prompted the Eagles to end their ties with the former Pro Bowl.
"One of the best players in football had been cut loose in his prime, despite the Eagles having ample money to keep him around. Then, news began circulation that Jackson might have ties to the Crips, a gang from Los Angeles. Jackson has denied the accusations, but the claims had been made and the damage done," SB Nation reported.
According to a report by Brian Costello of New York Daily Post, the Jets still have high interest in acquiring Jackson but a decision should be made first by the team's bigwig officials before taking a gamble on the wideout.
"A source said Friday the Jets are still interested in Jackson, but acknowledged conversations needed to occur at the organization's highest levels before they make a move," NY Daily Post reported.
There are reports that the Jets have been talking with Jackson internally and even hoped for a trade with the Eagles involving the wide receiver. A source close to the situation even called the Jets' signing of Jackson a no brainer because of the presence of individuals who previously worked with him during his stint at University of California and with the Eagles.
"He likely will lean on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who worked with Jackson at the University of California. New Jets quarterback Michael Vick is close with Jackson as well from their days as Eagles," the site reported.
The Jets will greatly benefit from Jackson's catching ability, giving them another great target alongside newly acquired wideout Eric Decker (five-year, $36 million deal).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown