NFL Trade Rumours: NY Jets Signing DeSean Jackson Is No Brainer, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 2, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The New York Jets are reportedly interested to bring mercurial wide receiver DeSean Jackson who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles in the weekend.
Rumours are circulating that the Jets front office has already set their sight on Jackson after signing former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick this offseason. The wideout is considered one of the best in his position, but reports of his affiliation with a Los Angeles-based gang known as the Crisp prompted the Eagles to end their ties with the former Pro Bowl.
"One of the best players in football had been cut loose in his prime, despite the Eagles having ample money to keep him around. Then, news began circulation that Jackson might have ties to the Crips, a gang from Los Angeles. Jackson has denied the accusations, but the claims had been made and the damage done," SB Nation reported.
According to a report by Brian Costello of New York Daily Post, the Jets still have high interest in acquiring Jackson but a decision should be made first by the team's bigwig officials before taking a gamble on the wideout.
"A source said Friday the Jets are still interested in Jackson, but acknowledged conversations needed to occur at the organization's highest levels before they make a move," NY Daily Post reported.
There are reports that the Jets have been talking with Jackson internally and even hoped for a trade with the Eagles involving the wide receiver. A source close to the situation even called the Jets' signing of Jackson a no brainer because of the presence of individuals who previously worked with him during his stint at University of California and with the Eagles.
"He likely will lean on offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who worked with Jackson at the University of California. New Jets quarterback Michael Vick is close with Jackson as well from their days as Eagles," the site reported.
The Jets will greatly benefit from Jackson's catching ability, giving them another great target alongside newly acquired wideout Eric Decker (five-year, $36 million deal).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots