The Multitasking iOS 7 Jailbreak Tweak ‘Auxo 2’ is Set to Launch on April 2
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 2, 2014 3:06 PM EST
The iOS development team A3 Tweaks announced that it will release the new version of its multitasking interface on Wednesday, April 2nd 2014. Notably, the earlier version named Auxo, was ruling the iOS multitasking tweaks arena until iOS 7 was launched.
Nevertheless, with Auxo 2, A3 is back with a faster interface that offers impressive animations and a full-screen interface that features a clone of Apple's own control panel and multitasking interfaces, according to BGR.
The new Auxo 2 will not be a free tweak when it hits the Cydia store tomorrow.
For the ones unfamiliar with Cydia, it provides a graphical user interface to jailbroken users using Advanced Packaging Tool (APT) repositories to install softwares unavailable on the App Store.
The software packages are downloaded directly to any iOS device. The silver lining is - the jailbroken devices can still buy/download apps as usual from the official Apple App Store.
A less than a minute video showcasing the new Auxo 2 interface was recently posted in YouTube. Click here to see the 0.25 seconds video. It is a quick demo; however Auxo 2 interface looks smoother and agile to begin with.
Notably, the first version of Auxo was priced at $1.99. This new version could be a tad costlier than the earlier version; nevertheless this amazing tweak is worth the fee.
For those unfamiliar with Auxo, it was a tweak that extended the functionality of the "app switcher" in iOS 5 and iOS 6 devices by adding many controls like music control, settings toggle and others, according to idownloadblog.
When the first version of Auxo was released last year, it was well received with positive reviews.
Auxo was able to compound much functionality to the app switcher without removing any existing functionality. The interface felt smooth, fast and seamless.
According to Jeff Benjamin from idownloadblog, "Auxo is definitely in my top 10 jailbreak tweaks of all time, perhaps even top 5. It significantly improves the look, feel, and function of the app switcher, and it does so without causing any stability issues."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2