‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam Bids Farewell to Biker Look: Signature Full Beard Gone for ‘Crimson Peak’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 1:52 PM EST
FX "Sons of Anarchy" lead star Charlie Hunnam is sporting a new look for his upcoming movie "Crimson Peak." The actor got rid of his signature full beard look while filming with director Guillermo Del Toro in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The handsome Brit was spotted over the weekend with his clean-shaven look while doing some grocery shopping. The actor is wearing a casual attire and looked so relaxed with his gray hoodie, jeans and Nike Sneakers. Even without his signature scruff, the former Christian Grey wannabe is looking so slick and handsome as he kept his blonde swept back.
Charlie is barely unrecognizable with his new look but the ladies are loving it as they flocked around him as he left the store. The actor made headlines last year when he was cast in E.L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey," and made headlines once again when he walked away from the role.
Hunnam is teaming up with Del Toro whom he previously worked with last summer's blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim." Famous for his role as Jax Teller in FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy," the 33-year-old lad will start shooting the show's finale on May as the whole cast will wrap up the series.
Written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro, "Crimson Peak" follows a story of a young author who discovers that her charming husband is not what he appears to be. Mia Wasikowska will play the young author Edith Cushing and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston will play her intriguing husband Sir Thomas Sharpe.
Charlie Hunnam will play as Dr. Alan McMichael, hence the clean-shaven look. His character is described as a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero."
Other stars in the film include Jim Beaver as Carter Cushing, Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe, leie Hope as Alan's mother and Burn Gorman as Holly. The upcoming thriller film started filming in Toronto on Feb. 10 and will wrap it production on May 14.
"Crimson Peak" is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best