‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam Bids Farewell to Biker Look: Signature Full Beard Gone for ‘Crimson Peak’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 1:52 PM EST
FX "Sons of Anarchy" lead star Charlie Hunnam is sporting a new look for his upcoming movie "Crimson Peak." The actor got rid of his signature full beard look while filming with director Guillermo Del Toro in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The handsome Brit was spotted over the weekend with his clean-shaven look while doing some grocery shopping. The actor is wearing a casual attire and looked so relaxed with his gray hoodie, jeans and Nike Sneakers. Even without his signature scruff, the former Christian Grey wannabe is looking so slick and handsome as he kept his blonde swept back.
Charlie is barely unrecognizable with his new look but the ladies are loving it as they flocked around him as he left the store. The actor made headlines last year when he was cast in E.L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey," and made headlines once again when he walked away from the role.
Hunnam is teaming up with Del Toro whom he previously worked with last summer's blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim." Famous for his role as Jax Teller in FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy," the 33-year-old lad will start shooting the show's finale on May as the whole cast will wrap up the series.
Written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro, "Crimson Peak" follows a story of a young author who discovers that her charming husband is not what he appears to be. Mia Wasikowska will play the young author Edith Cushing and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston will play her intriguing husband Sir Thomas Sharpe.
Charlie Hunnam will play as Dr. Alan McMichael, hence the clean-shaven look. His character is described as a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero."
Other stars in the film include Jim Beaver as Carter Cushing, Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe, leie Hope as Alan's mother and Burn Gorman as Holly. The upcoming thriller film started filming in Toronto on Feb. 10 and will wrap it production on May 14.
"Crimson Peak" is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots