‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam Bids Farewell to Biker Look: Signature Full Beard Gone for ‘Crimson Peak’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 1:52 PM EST
FX "Sons of Anarchy" lead star Charlie Hunnam is sporting a new look for his upcoming movie "Crimson Peak." The actor got rid of his signature full beard look while filming with director Guillermo Del Toro in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The handsome Brit was spotted over the weekend with his clean-shaven look while doing some grocery shopping. The actor is wearing a casual attire and looked so relaxed with his gray hoodie, jeans and Nike Sneakers. Even without his signature scruff, the former Christian Grey wannabe is looking so slick and handsome as he kept his blonde swept back.
Charlie is barely unrecognizable with his new look but the ladies are loving it as they flocked around him as he left the store. The actor made headlines last year when he was cast in E.L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey," and made headlines once again when he walked away from the role.
Hunnam is teaming up with Del Toro whom he previously worked with last summer's blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim." Famous for his role as Jax Teller in FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy," the 33-year-old lad will start shooting the show's finale on May as the whole cast will wrap up the series.
Written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro, "Crimson Peak" follows a story of a young author who discovers that her charming husband is not what he appears to be. Mia Wasikowska will play the young author Edith Cushing and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston will play her intriguing husband Sir Thomas Sharpe.
Charlie Hunnam will play as Dr. Alan McMichael, hence the clean-shaven look. His character is described as a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero."
Other stars in the film include Jim Beaver as Carter Cushing, Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe, leie Hope as Alan's mother and Burn Gorman as Holly. The upcoming thriller film started filming in Toronto on Feb. 10 and will wrap it production on May 14.
"Crimson Peak" is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet