‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam Bids Farewell to Biker Look: Signature Full Beard Gone for ‘Crimson Peak’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 1:52 PM EST
FX "Sons of Anarchy" lead star Charlie Hunnam is sporting a new look for his upcoming movie "Crimson Peak." The actor got rid of his signature full beard look while filming with director Guillermo Del Toro in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The handsome Brit was spotted over the weekend with his clean-shaven look while doing some grocery shopping. The actor is wearing a casual attire and looked so relaxed with his gray hoodie, jeans and Nike Sneakers. Even without his signature scruff, the former Christian Grey wannabe is looking so slick and handsome as he kept his blonde swept back.
Charlie is barely unrecognizable with his new look but the ladies are loving it as they flocked around him as he left the store. The actor made headlines last year when he was cast in E.L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey," and made headlines once again when he walked away from the role.
Hunnam is teaming up with Del Toro whom he previously worked with last summer's blockbuster hit "Pacific Rim." Famous for his role as Jax Teller in FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy," the 33-year-old lad will start shooting the show's finale on May as the whole cast will wrap up the series.
Written and directed by Guillermo Del Toro, "Crimson Peak" follows a story of a young author who discovers that her charming husband is not what he appears to be. Mia Wasikowska will play the young author Edith Cushing and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston will play her intriguing husband Sir Thomas Sharpe.
Charlie Hunnam will play as Dr. Alan McMichael, hence the clean-shaven look. His character is described as a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero."
Other stars in the film include Jim Beaver as Carter Cushing, Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe, leie Hope as Alan's mother and Burn Gorman as Holly. The upcoming thriller film started filming in Toronto on Feb. 10 and will wrap it production on May 14.
"Crimson Peak" is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air