‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Air Date, Casting, Spoilers: What to Expect When ‘TWD’ Returns?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 2, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 ended on a high note. Now, fans eagerly wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 and it is not starting until October 2014. However, speculated air date of episode 1 and other spoilers are doing rounds on different media outlets.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Air Date: AMC confirmed that "TWD" season 5 premieres this October. However, the channel has not announced the official "The Walking Dead" and "Talking Dead" air dates. Wetpaint speculated in one of their posts that "The Walking Dead" season 5, episode 1 may arrive on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 will Introduce a New Rick:
Comic book writer Robert Kirkman teased before the "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale that after episode 16 the new Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) would shock people.
"This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people," said Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
Season 5 is expected to meet a more ruthless Rick.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Filming Details:
According to Entertainment Weekly, Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie Greene on the show, will hit the Georgia set in mid-April. Last year, the crew came to Georgia on April 23.
AMC has not yet released any official dates about the filming.
Hints for "The Walking Dead" Season 5 are in Season 4 Finale Episode: "There are a lot of hints when you watch this [finale] episode closely of what's to come in Season 5, so I would definitely urge everyone to watch this episode multiple times and try to pick out the things we're teasing because there's a lot to find," said Robert Kirkman to TheWalkingDead.com.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Casting Details: According to Wetpaint, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chamblers), Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) joined the show in guest roles. However, their contracts also say that they can be promoted to series regulars. It has to be seen how it will affect the dynamics of the show if they become series regulars.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced