‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Air Date, Casting, Spoilers: What to Expect When ‘TWD’ Returns?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 2, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 ended on a high note. Now, fans eagerly wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 and it is not starting until October 2014. However, speculated air date of episode 1 and other spoilers are doing rounds on different media outlets.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Air Date: AMC confirmed that "TWD" season 5 premieres this October. However, the channel has not announced the official "The Walking Dead" and "Talking Dead" air dates. Wetpaint speculated in one of their posts that "The Walking Dead" season 5, episode 1 may arrive on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 will Introduce a New Rick:
Comic book writer Robert Kirkman teased before the "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale that after episode 16 the new Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) would shock people.
"This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people," said Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
Season 5 is expected to meet a more ruthless Rick.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Filming Details:
According to Entertainment Weekly, Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie Greene on the show, will hit the Georgia set in mid-April. Last year, the crew came to Georgia on April 23.
AMC has not yet released any official dates about the filming.
Hints for "The Walking Dead" Season 5 are in Season 4 Finale Episode: "There are a lot of hints when you watch this [finale] episode closely of what's to come in Season 5, so I would definitely urge everyone to watch this episode multiple times and try to pick out the things we're teasing because there's a lot to find," said Robert Kirkman to TheWalkingDead.com.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Casting Details: According to Wetpaint, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chamblers), Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) joined the show in guest roles. However, their contracts also say that they can be promoted to series regulars. It has to be seen how it will affect the dynamics of the show if they become series regulars.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal