‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Air Date, Casting, Spoilers: What to Expect When ‘TWD’ Returns?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 2, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 ended on a high note. Now, fans eagerly wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 and it is not starting until October 2014. However, speculated air date of episode 1 and other spoilers are doing rounds on different media outlets.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Air Date: AMC confirmed that "TWD" season 5 premieres this October. However, the channel has not announced the official "The Walking Dead" and "Talking Dead" air dates. Wetpaint speculated in one of their posts that "The Walking Dead" season 5, episode 1 may arrive on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 will Introduce a New Rick:
Comic book writer Robert Kirkman teased before the "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale that after episode 16 the new Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) would shock people.
"This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people," said Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
Season 5 is expected to meet a more ruthless Rick.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Filming Details:
According to Entertainment Weekly, Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie Greene on the show, will hit the Georgia set in mid-April. Last year, the crew came to Georgia on April 23.
AMC has not yet released any official dates about the filming.
Hints for "The Walking Dead" Season 5 are in Season 4 Finale Episode: "There are a lot of hints when you watch this [finale] episode closely of what's to come in Season 5, so I would definitely urge everyone to watch this episode multiple times and try to pick out the things we're teasing because there's a lot to find," said Robert Kirkman to TheWalkingDead.com.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Casting Details: According to Wetpaint, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chamblers), Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) joined the show in guest roles. However, their contracts also say that they can be promoted to series regulars. It has to be seen how it will affect the dynamics of the show if they become series regulars.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight