‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Air Date, Casting, Spoilers: What to Expect When ‘TWD’ Returns?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 2, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 ended on a high note. Now, fans eagerly wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 and it is not starting until October 2014. However, speculated air date of episode 1 and other spoilers are doing rounds on different media outlets.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Air Date: AMC confirmed that "TWD" season 5 premieres this October. However, the channel has not announced the official "The Walking Dead" and "Talking Dead" air dates. Wetpaint speculated in one of their posts that "The Walking Dead" season 5, episode 1 may arrive on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 will Introduce a New Rick:
Comic book writer Robert Kirkman teased before the "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale that after episode 16 the new Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) would shock people.
"This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people," said Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
Season 5 is expected to meet a more ruthless Rick.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Filming Details:
According to Entertainment Weekly, Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie Greene on the show, will hit the Georgia set in mid-April. Last year, the crew came to Georgia on April 23.
AMC has not yet released any official dates about the filming.
Hints for "The Walking Dead" Season 5 are in Season 4 Finale Episode: "There are a lot of hints when you watch this [finale] episode closely of what's to come in Season 5, so I would definitely urge everyone to watch this episode multiple times and try to pick out the things we're teasing because there's a lot to find," said Robert Kirkman to TheWalkingDead.com.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Casting Details: According to Wetpaint, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chamblers), Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) joined the show in guest roles. However, their contracts also say that they can be promoted to series regulars. It has to be seen how it will affect the dynamics of the show if they become series regulars.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft