‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Air Date, Casting, Spoilers: What to Expect When ‘TWD’ Returns?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 2, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 ended on a high note. Now, fans eagerly wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 and it is not starting until October 2014. However, speculated air date of episode 1 and other spoilers are doing rounds on different media outlets.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Premiere Air Date: AMC confirmed that "TWD" season 5 premieres this October. However, the channel has not announced the official "The Walking Dead" and "Talking Dead" air dates. Wetpaint speculated in one of their posts that "The Walking Dead" season 5, episode 1 may arrive on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 will Introduce a New Rick:
Comic book writer Robert Kirkman teased before the "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale that after episode 16 the new Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) would shock people.
"This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people," said Robert to Entertainment Weekly.
Season 5 is expected to meet a more ruthless Rick.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Filming Details:
According to Entertainment Weekly, Lauren Cohen, who plays Maggie Greene on the show, will hit the Georgia set in mid-April. Last year, the crew came to Georgia on April 23.
AMC has not yet released any official dates about the filming.
Hints for "The Walking Dead" Season 5 are in Season 4 Finale Episode: "There are a lot of hints when you watch this [finale] episode closely of what's to come in Season 5, so I would definitely urge everyone to watch this episode multiple times and try to pick out the things we're teasing because there's a lot to find," said Robert Kirkman to TheWalkingDead.com.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Casting Details: According to Wetpaint, Alanna Masterson (Tara Chamblers), Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) joined the show in guest roles. However, their contracts also say that they can be promoted to series regulars. It has to be seen how it will affect the dynamics of the show if they become series regulars.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch