LG G Pad 8.3 and VU 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat in South Korea; LG G Pad 8.3 International Firmware Leaks via XDA Developers
By Ryan Inoyori | April 2, 2014 1:27 PM EST
LG is now updating its G Pad 8.3 slate and Vu 3 in South Korea with Android 4.4 via OTA service and LG Mobile Support Tool. Additionally, LG is now working on Android KitKat updates for Optimus LTE 2, Optimus Vu 2, Optimus GK and LG GX.
LG Updates in South Korea
LG releases the official Android 4.4 KitKat firmware for the South Korean variant of G Pad 8.3 available via Over-the-Air update and LG Mobile Support Tool. The new firmware has a size of about 500 MB and includes several new tweaks for LG mobile devices.
1. User interface changes from the notifications bar to icons
2. Performance optimisations from Android 4.4
3. Improvements on processing speed
4. Various bug fixes
5. Updates for LG apps and services.
But AT&T LG G2 smartphone users can expect more from the update.
- New full-screen or immersive mode
- Improved closed captioning support
- Better security implementation
- Improved battery life
- Less power consuming on music playback
- Support for battery saving location mode
- Cloud Print service support.
For the LG VU 3, the Android 4.4 KitKat update is only available from the three network carriers in South Korea which can only be accessed via LG support Web site.
GSM Arena notes that LG also added more Android KitKat support in the region for Optimus LTE2, Optimus Vu 2, Optimus GK and LG GX. For the international model, LG included Optimus G Pro on receiving a new firmware as part of their Android KitKat upgrade plans.
International LG G Pad
For those who have enough knowledge on flashing custom ROMs or rooting any Android tablets, the LG G Pad international variant is eligible to be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat without waiting for LG to push the firmware.
XDA-Developers.com reports that XDA forum members Aeras76 and aicjofs shared the unreleased Android KitKat firmware running Android vanilla UI for LG G Pad 8.3 slate. It comes in the form of an LG-specific TOT files with build number v50018a and carries Android 4.4.2.
According to the site, it is a leaked firmware but contains essential materials that could be the real update users may expect to be released on the second quarter of the year. For those who are brave enough to try and flash the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat leaked firmware, head over to the XDA original thread and see how it goes on their LG G Pad 8.3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch