iPhone 6 May Borrow 5th Gen iPod Touch Form Factor
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 2, 2014 12:39 PM EST
The latest iPhone 6 concept image created by Martin Hajek was based on the leaked schematics of the rumoured smartphone. Rumours insisted that the new iPhone will get a much bigger screen display of 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.
The rumour was supported by the claim of UBS analyst Steve Milunovich who said that the company is working on two iPhone 6 variants with the aforementioned screen sizes. He noted that the 5.5 inch device will be Apple's version of phablet, which will be announced at a later date.
Based on the render, the overall design was not far from that of iPhone 5S. However, the device was more elongated and thinner that made it look more like the latest iPod Touch. Moreover, the corners were more rounded. The volume buttons were unified in a single button just like in the iPhone 3GS, which provided ease and convenience to users.
According to Concept Phones, the iPhone 6 will pack a sapphire crystal display, Touch ID and an almost non-existent, ultraslim bezel.
The tech giant has not revealed the official specs and features of the upcoming iPhone 6. However, grapevine said that the handset will pack a 64-bit A8 processor, sapphire screen display, improved camera and fingerprint sensor.
As for the iPhone 6 release date, it was reported earlier that iPhone 6 will be unveiled at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June alongside the new version of iOS. There were also speculations that the iPhone 6 will arrive after its yearly cycle in September to fight it off with Samsung's own phablet.
However, Mr. Milunovich said in his note to investors that Apple will unveil the 4.7 inch iPhone sometime in August or September. The one with 5.5 inch screen will be released at a much later date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists