Rolling Stones Resumes 14 On Fire Tour in Europe, First Show in Norway on May 26
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 2, 2014 12:37 PM EST
The Rolling Stones has decided to resume their world tour after a brief break due to the sudden death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott. Several dates were postponed after Scott's lifeless body was found hanging in her apartment. Fresh dates have been announced for a series of European shows which will begin in Norway.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The New York Post reported that The Rolling Stones would also perform in Switzerland, Portugal, Israel, France, Austria, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. The 14 On Fire world tour will jump start in Oslo on May 26. The iconic rock band, which was formed over half a century ago in 1962, faced a significant roadblock when Jagger's 49-year-old girlfriend was found dead in her apartment on March 17. While it was widely suspected to be a suicide, the New York City medical examiner's office confirmed that Scott had killed herself.
The Rolling Stones recently postponed its tour in New Zealand and Australia. The band was scheduled to perform at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, as a part of the 14 On Fire world tour. Jason Newman posted an update on the band Web site on March 18 that seven shows had been postponed due to the "apparent suicide" of Scott. The shows were supposed to take place mostly in Australia, while there was one show to be held in New Zealand. The tour Down Under was scheduled to be held from March 19 to April 5.
However, the Rolling Stones would not deprive their fans any longer. The tour will take off at Oslo Telenor Arena in Norway, while the Australia-New Zealand tour is going to take place in autumn. The band is scheduled to perform at the TW Classic festival in Belgium. It will also perform at Pinkpop in the Netherlands.
Jagger expressed his shock in his Web site regarding the death of his "lover and best friend." He wondered how she could end her life in such tragic manner. "I will never forget her," he wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal