Rolling Stones Resumes 14 On Fire Tour in Europe, First Show in Norway on May 26
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 2, 2014 12:37 PM EST
The Rolling Stones has decided to resume their world tour after a brief break due to the sudden death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott. Several dates were postponed after Scott's lifeless body was found hanging in her apartment. Fresh dates have been announced for a series of European shows which will begin in Norway.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The New York Post reported that The Rolling Stones would also perform in Switzerland, Portugal, Israel, France, Austria, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. The 14 On Fire world tour will jump start in Oslo on May 26. The iconic rock band, which was formed over half a century ago in 1962, faced a significant roadblock when Jagger's 49-year-old girlfriend was found dead in her apartment on March 17. While it was widely suspected to be a suicide, the New York City medical examiner's office confirmed that Scott had killed herself.
The Rolling Stones recently postponed its tour in New Zealand and Australia. The band was scheduled to perform at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, as a part of the 14 On Fire world tour. Jason Newman posted an update on the band Web site on March 18 that seven shows had been postponed due to the "apparent suicide" of Scott. The shows were supposed to take place mostly in Australia, while there was one show to be held in New Zealand. The tour Down Under was scheduled to be held from March 19 to April 5.
However, the Rolling Stones would not deprive their fans any longer. The tour will take off at Oslo Telenor Arena in Norway, while the Australia-New Zealand tour is going to take place in autumn. The band is scheduled to perform at the TW Classic festival in Belgium. It will also perform at Pinkpop in the Netherlands.
Jagger expressed his shock in his Web site regarding the death of his "lover and best friend." He wondered how she could end her life in such tragic manner. "I will never forget her," he wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage