Rolling Stones Resumes 14 On Fire Tour in Europe, First Show in Norway on May 26
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 2, 2014 12:37 PM EST
The Rolling Stones has decided to resume their world tour after a brief break due to the sudden death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott. Several dates were postponed after Scott's lifeless body was found hanging in her apartment. Fresh dates have been announced for a series of European shows which will begin in Norway.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The New York Post reported that The Rolling Stones would also perform in Switzerland, Portugal, Israel, France, Austria, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. The 14 On Fire world tour will jump start in Oslo on May 26. The iconic rock band, which was formed over half a century ago in 1962, faced a significant roadblock when Jagger's 49-year-old girlfriend was found dead in her apartment on March 17. While it was widely suspected to be a suicide, the New York City medical examiner's office confirmed that Scott had killed herself.
The Rolling Stones recently postponed its tour in New Zealand and Australia. The band was scheduled to perform at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, as a part of the 14 On Fire world tour. Jason Newman posted an update on the band Web site on March 18 that seven shows had been postponed due to the "apparent suicide" of Scott. The shows were supposed to take place mostly in Australia, while there was one show to be held in New Zealand. The tour Down Under was scheduled to be held from March 19 to April 5.
However, the Rolling Stones would not deprive their fans any longer. The tour will take off at Oslo Telenor Arena in Norway, while the Australia-New Zealand tour is going to take place in autumn. The band is scheduled to perform at the TW Classic festival in Belgium. It will also perform at Pinkpop in the Netherlands.
Jagger expressed his shock in his Web site regarding the death of his "lover and best friend." He wondered how she could end her life in such tragic manner. "I will never forget her," he wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories