Rolling Stones Resumes 14 On Fire Tour in Europe, First Show in Norway on May 26
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 2, 2014 12:37 PM EST
The Rolling Stones has decided to resume their world tour after a brief break due to the sudden death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott. Several dates were postponed after Scott's lifeless body was found hanging in her apartment. Fresh dates have been announced for a series of European shows which will begin in Norway.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The New York Post reported that The Rolling Stones would also perform in Switzerland, Portugal, Israel, France, Austria, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. The 14 On Fire world tour will jump start in Oslo on May 26. The iconic rock band, which was formed over half a century ago in 1962, faced a significant roadblock when Jagger's 49-year-old girlfriend was found dead in her apartment on March 17. While it was widely suspected to be a suicide, the New York City medical examiner's office confirmed that Scott had killed herself.
The Rolling Stones recently postponed its tour in New Zealand and Australia. The band was scheduled to perform at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, as a part of the 14 On Fire world tour. Jason Newman posted an update on the band Web site on March 18 that seven shows had been postponed due to the "apparent suicide" of Scott. The shows were supposed to take place mostly in Australia, while there was one show to be held in New Zealand. The tour Down Under was scheduled to be held from March 19 to April 5.
However, the Rolling Stones would not deprive their fans any longer. The tour will take off at Oslo Telenor Arena in Norway, while the Australia-New Zealand tour is going to take place in autumn. The band is scheduled to perform at the TW Classic festival in Belgium. It will also perform at Pinkpop in the Netherlands.
Jagger expressed his shock in his Web site regarding the death of his "lover and best friend." He wondered how she could end her life in such tragic manner. "I will never forget her," he wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design