Fans React to 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale: 'How I Used 'Mother' to Give Aunt Robin Children'
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 12:24 PM EST
It's the end of an era. After nine years of friendship, love and endless pursuit of happiness the legendary comedy series "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up, with a shocking ending. The ending has triggered some extreme reactions on social media.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
Like "Sex and the City" Carrie and Big, and "Friends" Rachel and Ross; Ted and Robin finally got their happy ending in the most anticipated finale. Yes, you read it right. After nine seasons of "How I Met Your Mother," the series came a full-circle, ending where it all had started.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, ""How I Met Your Step Mother" would have been a more appropriate title for the popular sitcom after the pair, renowned for their rocky romantic liaisons, ended up together following the death of both Ted's wife, Tracy McConnell (aka the "Mother") and Robin and Barney's marriage."
The countless fans' reaction about the finale was mixed, with rage, tears and disappointments. Some applauded the writers, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, for writing a realistic story that tackles the cold truth about life, death, friendship and love.
"All told, the finale, like the series itself, was fine, if not, alas, legendary. But hey, unlike some of the shows that have come and gone while Ted searched for his dream girl, it certainly beat a slap to the face," said Variety's TV columnist Brian Lowry.
While Ted's kids accepted the fact that their father is moving on after the death of his wife to their Aunt Robin, many fans were rooting for Barney and Robin, and believed that they should have got a happy ending. Righht after the finale, fans' reactions flooded the Twitterverse:
A fan tweeted: "So Ted goes back to Robin. What is it? Season 1? Why did they even have to insert 389463983 episodes in between?
Another disappointed fan tweeted "It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella but no they had to just add the damn robin ending no just no #HIMYMFinale," while someone tweeted "How I used your mother to get the children aunt Robin couldn't have" #HIMYM #HIMYMFinale."
What do you think about Ted and Robin's happy ending?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown