Fans React to 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale: 'How I Used 'Mother' to Give Aunt Robin Children'
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 12:24 PM EST
It's the end of an era. After nine years of friendship, love and endless pursuit of happiness the legendary comedy series "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up, with a shocking ending. The ending has triggered some extreme reactions on social media.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
Like "Sex and the City" Carrie and Big, and "Friends" Rachel and Ross; Ted and Robin finally got their happy ending in the most anticipated finale. Yes, you read it right. After nine seasons of "How I Met Your Mother," the series came a full-circle, ending where it all had started.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, ""How I Met Your Step Mother" would have been a more appropriate title for the popular sitcom after the pair, renowned for their rocky romantic liaisons, ended up together following the death of both Ted's wife, Tracy McConnell (aka the "Mother") and Robin and Barney's marriage."
The countless fans' reaction about the finale was mixed, with rage, tears and disappointments. Some applauded the writers, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, for writing a realistic story that tackles the cold truth about life, death, friendship and love.
"All told, the finale, like the series itself, was fine, if not, alas, legendary. But hey, unlike some of the shows that have come and gone while Ted searched for his dream girl, it certainly beat a slap to the face," said Variety's TV columnist Brian Lowry.
While Ted's kids accepted the fact that their father is moving on after the death of his wife to their Aunt Robin, many fans were rooting for Barney and Robin, and believed that they should have got a happy ending. Righht after the finale, fans' reactions flooded the Twitterverse:
A fan tweeted: "So Ted goes back to Robin. What is it? Season 1? Why did they even have to insert 389463983 episodes in between?
Another disappointed fan tweeted "It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella but no they had to just add the damn robin ending no just no #HIMYMFinale," while someone tweeted "How I used your mother to get the children aunt Robin couldn't have" #HIMYM #HIMYMFinale."
What do you think about Ted and Robin's happy ending?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports