Fans React to 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale: 'How I Used 'Mother' to Give Aunt Robin Children'
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 12:24 PM EST
It's the end of an era. After nine years of friendship, love and endless pursuit of happiness the legendary comedy series "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up, with a shocking ending. The ending has triggered some extreme reactions on social media.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
Like "Sex and the City" Carrie and Big, and "Friends" Rachel and Ross; Ted and Robin finally got their happy ending in the most anticipated finale. Yes, you read it right. After nine seasons of "How I Met Your Mother," the series came a full-circle, ending where it all had started.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, ""How I Met Your Step Mother" would have been a more appropriate title for the popular sitcom after the pair, renowned for their rocky romantic liaisons, ended up together following the death of both Ted's wife, Tracy McConnell (aka the "Mother") and Robin and Barney's marriage."
The countless fans' reaction about the finale was mixed, with rage, tears and disappointments. Some applauded the writers, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, for writing a realistic story that tackles the cold truth about life, death, friendship and love.
"All told, the finale, like the series itself, was fine, if not, alas, legendary. But hey, unlike some of the shows that have come and gone while Ted searched for his dream girl, it certainly beat a slap to the face," said Variety's TV columnist Brian Lowry.
While Ted's kids accepted the fact that their father is moving on after the death of his wife to their Aunt Robin, many fans were rooting for Barney and Robin, and believed that they should have got a happy ending. Righht after the finale, fans' reactions flooded the Twitterverse:
A fan tweeted: "So Ted goes back to Robin. What is it? Season 1? Why did they even have to insert 389463983 episodes in between?
Another disappointed fan tweeted "It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella but no they had to just add the damn robin ending no just no #HIMYMFinale," while someone tweeted "How I used your mother to get the children aunt Robin couldn't have" #HIMYM #HIMYMFinale."
What do you think about Ted and Robin's happy ending?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display