Fans React to 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale: 'How I Used 'Mother' to Give Aunt Robin Children'
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 12:24 PM EST
It's the end of an era. After nine years of friendship, love and endless pursuit of happiness the legendary comedy series "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up, with a shocking ending. The ending has triggered some extreme reactions on social media.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
Like "Sex and the City" Carrie and Big, and "Friends" Rachel and Ross; Ted and Robin finally got their happy ending in the most anticipated finale. Yes, you read it right. After nine seasons of "How I Met Your Mother," the series came a full-circle, ending where it all had started.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, ""How I Met Your Step Mother" would have been a more appropriate title for the popular sitcom after the pair, renowned for their rocky romantic liaisons, ended up together following the death of both Ted's wife, Tracy McConnell (aka the "Mother") and Robin and Barney's marriage."
The countless fans' reaction about the finale was mixed, with rage, tears and disappointments. Some applauded the writers, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, for writing a realistic story that tackles the cold truth about life, death, friendship and love.
"All told, the finale, like the series itself, was fine, if not, alas, legendary. But hey, unlike some of the shows that have come and gone while Ted searched for his dream girl, it certainly beat a slap to the face," said Variety's TV columnist Brian Lowry.
While Ted's kids accepted the fact that their father is moving on after the death of his wife to their Aunt Robin, many fans were rooting for Barney and Robin, and believed that they should have got a happy ending. Righht after the finale, fans' reactions flooded the Twitterverse:
A fan tweeted: "So Ted goes back to Robin. What is it? Season 1? Why did they even have to insert 389463983 episodes in between?
Another disappointed fan tweeted "It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella but no they had to just add the damn robin ending no just no #HIMYMFinale," while someone tweeted "How I used your mother to get the children aunt Robin couldn't have" #HIMYM #HIMYMFinale."
What do you think about Ted and Robin's happy ending?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?