Fans React to 'How I Met Your Mother' Finale: 'How I Used 'Mother' to Give Aunt Robin Children'
By Riza Ornos | April 2, 2014 12:24 PM EST
It's the end of an era. After nine years of friendship, love and endless pursuit of happiness the legendary comedy series "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up, with a shocking ending. The ending has triggered some extreme reactions on social media.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
Like "Sex and the City" Carrie and Big, and "Friends" Rachel and Ross; Ted and Robin finally got their happy ending in the most anticipated finale. Yes, you read it right. After nine seasons of "How I Met Your Mother," the series came a full-circle, ending where it all had started.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, ""How I Met Your Step Mother" would have been a more appropriate title for the popular sitcom after the pair, renowned for their rocky romantic liaisons, ended up together following the death of both Ted's wife, Tracy McConnell (aka the "Mother") and Robin and Barney's marriage."
The countless fans' reaction about the finale was mixed, with rage, tears and disappointments. Some applauded the writers, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, for writing a realistic story that tackles the cold truth about life, death, friendship and love.
"All told, the finale, like the series itself, was fine, if not, alas, legendary. But hey, unlike some of the shows that have come and gone while Ted searched for his dream girl, it certainly beat a slap to the face," said Variety's TV columnist Brian Lowry.
While Ted's kids accepted the fact that their father is moving on after the death of his wife to their Aunt Robin, many fans were rooting for Barney and Robin, and believed that they should have got a happy ending. Righht after the finale, fans' reactions flooded the Twitterverse:
A fan tweeted: "So Ted goes back to Robin. What is it? Season 1? Why did they even have to insert 389463983 episodes in between?
Another disappointed fan tweeted "It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella but no they had to just add the damn robin ending no just no #HIMYMFinale," while someone tweeted "How I used your mother to get the children aunt Robin couldn't have" #HIMYM #HIMYMFinale."
What do you think about Ted and Robin's happy ending?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft