'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: More Stefan-Caroline or 'Steroline' Moments in Episode 18 'Resident Evil?' Actor Paul Wesley Responds
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 2, 2014 11:49 AM EST
The tender Stefan-Caroline moments in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 Episode 17 "Rescue Me" had the "Steroline" fans asking for more. Actor Paul Wesley responds to the question of whether there will be more scenes between the two characters particularly in the next Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil."
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'The Originals' Spoilers: Is Genevieve the Next One to Die? Funeral Scene Filmed, Joseph Morgan Shares on Twitter
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Executive Producer Teases Girl Power of Lydia, Kira and Malia in Season 4, Premiere Date Revealed
Actor Paul Wesley, who directed the upcoming episode, revealed in the E!Online TV Scoop report that his character Stefan Salvatore will only interact with his blonde vampire best friend on the phone. After all, the Episode 18 preview revealed that it will have major romantic scenes between doppelgangers Stefan and Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev).
At the 2014 PaleyFest panel, the subject of a "Steroline" relationship in "The Vampire Diaries" was discussed with Paul Wesley and co-star Ian Somerhalder even hinting that the development could happen soon. According to Wet Paint, Ian Somerhalder described "Steroline" to be "pretty cute" together while Paul Wesley joked that actress Candice Accola's fiancé may not be pleased with the "Steroline" couple.
As for Candice Accola, the 26-year-old actress shared in the Entertainment Weekly interview that some fans have been hoping for Stefan and Caroline to be a couple since "The Vampire Diaries" Season 2. Ms Accola thinks that the "Steroline" build up could be a bold choice for Stefan and Caroline jumping into a romantic relationship provided with the friendship of her character with Elena as well as the romantic history of the doppelgangers.
"And so you never know what can happen in the future between these two characters, but I imagine it being very dramatic if anything were to happen," the actress shared. In the next episode, it looks like the "Stelena" or Stefan-Elena connection is still not over.
"There are always residual feelings with anyone that you're ever with romantically," Paul Wesley teased in the TV Line report. In the Fashion & Style report, a part of the synopsis for Episode 18 involving Stefan and Elena reads: "PAUL WESLEY MAKES HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT - Both Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) are suddenly having unsettling dreams of an alternate version of the life they might have had together."
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 is currently on a two-week hiatus but the TVD gang will return on Thursday night, April 17, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Spoilers Season 5: Elena Having Romantic Dreams about Stefan, Synopsis and Promo Video for Episode 18 'Resident Evil' Revealed [WATCH] - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Attend Humane Society Gala with Girlfriend Phoebe Tonkin of 'The Originals' - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 2014 PaleyFest Promo Video Features the Arrival of New Villain Markos [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide