New 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' TV Trailer Released: Things to Know About the Casts
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 2, 2014 11:08 AM EST
The new promotion for the upcoming movie "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has aired during the commercial breaks of the season finale of "The Walking Dead" and has left a lot of fans excited for the July 11, 2014 U.S. premiere of the movie starring Andy Serkis, Gary Oldman and Keri Rusell.
Keri Russell at Oscar Awards 2008
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" is a story about "genetically evolved apes" involved in a war between humans and their species. The movie is directed by Matt Reeves and produced by Warner Brothers. Here is the official synopsis:
"A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species."
To get to know some of the casts, here are some juicy facts about them:
1. Andy Serkis (Caesar) is the man with an unprecedented voice. A lot may be wondering who is voicing Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." It was actually Serkis, himself, according to the actor's Wiki page.
2. Gary Oldman (Dreyfus) has appeared in various movies. According to his IMDb profile, he is best known for playing antagonistic characters. Aside from "Dawn of the Planet Apes" Oldman will also appear on "Child 44" on the same year and "Flying Horse" in 2016.
3. Keri Russell (Ellie) is part of "The Americans" series. Aside from gaining media attention for her current movie, Russell is also being rumoured to have gotten really close with her co-star Matthew Rhys. According to a Daily Mail report, Rusell and Rhys were spotted at The Public Theatre in New York looking like they were having a "date."
4. Judy Greer (Cornelia) is an American actress and author. According to an IMDb trivia, Greer has revealed in an interview with Vulture that during her wedding, the 2011 movie prequel "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was playing in the background at the cocktail hour. Greer also shared in her interviews that her husband is a massive fan of the 1968 "Planet of the Apes" movie.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will be out in theatres worldwide on July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast