New 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' TV Trailer Released: Things to Know About the Casts
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 2, 2014 11:08 AM EST
The new promotion for the upcoming movie "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has aired during the commercial breaks of the season finale of "The Walking Dead" and has left a lot of fans excited for the July 11, 2014 U.S. premiere of the movie starring Andy Serkis, Gary Oldman and Keri Rusell.
Keri Russell at Oscar Awards 2008
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" is a story about "genetically evolved apes" involved in a war between humans and their species. The movie is directed by Matt Reeves and produced by Warner Brothers. Here is the official synopsis:
"A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species."
To get to know some of the casts, here are some juicy facts about them:
1. Andy Serkis (Caesar) is the man with an unprecedented voice. A lot may be wondering who is voicing Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." It was actually Serkis, himself, according to the actor's Wiki page.
2. Gary Oldman (Dreyfus) has appeared in various movies. According to his IMDb profile, he is best known for playing antagonistic characters. Aside from "Dawn of the Planet Apes" Oldman will also appear on "Child 44" on the same year and "Flying Horse" in 2016.
3. Keri Russell (Ellie) is part of "The Americans" series. Aside from gaining media attention for her current movie, Russell is also being rumoured to have gotten really close with her co-star Matthew Rhys. According to a Daily Mail report, Rusell and Rhys were spotted at The Public Theatre in New York looking like they were having a "date."
4. Judy Greer (Cornelia) is an American actress and author. According to an IMDb trivia, Greer has revealed in an interview with Vulture that during her wedding, the 2011 movie prequel "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was playing in the background at the cocktail hour. Greer also shared in her interviews that her husband is a massive fan of the 1968 "Planet of the Apes" movie.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will be out in theatres worldwide on July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best