New 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' TV Trailer Released: Things to Know About the Casts
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 2, 2014 11:08 AM EST
The new promotion for the upcoming movie "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has aired during the commercial breaks of the season finale of "The Walking Dead" and has left a lot of fans excited for the July 11, 2014 U.S. premiere of the movie starring Andy Serkis, Gary Oldman and Keri Rusell.
Keri Russell at Oscar Awards 2008
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" is a story about "genetically evolved apes" involved in a war between humans and their species. The movie is directed by Matt Reeves and produced by Warner Brothers. Here is the official synopsis:
"A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species."
To get to know some of the casts, here are some juicy facts about them:
1. Andy Serkis (Caesar) is the man with an unprecedented voice. A lot may be wondering who is voicing Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." It was actually Serkis, himself, according to the actor's Wiki page.
2. Gary Oldman (Dreyfus) has appeared in various movies. According to his IMDb profile, he is best known for playing antagonistic characters. Aside from "Dawn of the Planet Apes" Oldman will also appear on "Child 44" on the same year and "Flying Horse" in 2016.
3. Keri Russell (Ellie) is part of "The Americans" series. Aside from gaining media attention for her current movie, Russell is also being rumoured to have gotten really close with her co-star Matthew Rhys. According to a Daily Mail report, Rusell and Rhys were spotted at The Public Theatre in New York looking like they were having a "date."
4. Judy Greer (Cornelia) is an American actress and author. According to an IMDb trivia, Greer has revealed in an interview with Vulture that during her wedding, the 2011 movie prequel "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was playing in the background at the cocktail hour. Greer also shared in her interviews that her husband is a massive fan of the 1968 "Planet of the Apes" movie.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will be out in theatres worldwide on July 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2