Sara Gilbert - Linda Perry Marriage: Another Feather on the LGBT Crown
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 2, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Sara Gilbert, probably most famous for playing Darlene Conner in the ABC sitcom "Roseanne", married songwriter Linda Perry. Sara is equally known for her portrayal of Leslie Winkle on CBS's The Big Bang Theory while Linda is the former lead singer of "4 Non Blondes". She was also the main songwriter for the band. Sara and Linda got engaged in 2013. BBC quoted Sara's "The Talk" co-host Julie Chen calling the "beautiful ceremony" "magical". TMZ called the wedding as grand as a "rock concert".
Elton John (L) and his partner David Furnish pose at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken March 2, 2014. British singer Elton John will marry long-time partner David Furnish now that Britain's legalization of gay marriage has been put into effect, the singer said in an interview on Monday.
Sara previously thanked her former boyfriends for helping her realise her actual sexual orientation. She ended her relation with actor Johnny Galecki after she had realised that she was a homosexual. Sara had a couple of children with Allison Adler. Linda, on the other hand, wrote lyrics for several A-listers including Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, James Blunt and Pink.
Here are some of the most influential gay couples in real life:
Christine Marinoni and Cynthia Nixon
Christine and Cynthia got married in 2012. When the education activist fell in love with the "Sex And The City" star, it was apparently "just a woman in love with another woman"; said Cynthia
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres
These two have openly maintained their relationship for years. Their wedding was probably the most prestigious lesbian wedding in the LGBT history.
David Furnish and Elton John
David and Elton are probably one gay couple that is recognised all over the world. They have become iconic with the LGBT movement. They have always maintained an open outlook about their relationship. They are scheduled to get married in May 2014.
And here are some of the most powerful gay couples in films:
Andrew Beckett and Miguel Alvarez (Philadelphia)
The 1993 film showed Tom Hanks and Antonio Banderas portraying a gay couple, Andrew and Miguel. Hanks got the Oscar for Best Actor for his performance in the film.
Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist (Brokeback Mountain)
"Joker" Heath Ledger played Ennis Del Mar and Jake Gyllenhaal played Jack Twist in this 2005 film directed by Academy Award winning director Ang Lee. This movie has become legendary in terms of portraying on-screen homosexuality.
Emma and Adèle (Blue Is the Warmest Colour)
Léa Seydoux played Emma and Adèle Exarchopoulos played Adèle in this 2013 French romantic drama. This film has been widely appreciated. It got the Palme d'Or at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. The movie has some of the most explicit sex scenes in movie history.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery