Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: New Theory Why the Airplane Crashed, Unlikely an Act of Terrorism
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 2, 2014 10:50 AM EST
As grieving families continue to follow the latest developments regarding the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, another theory why the airplane crashed has been proposed by aviation expert Billie Vincent, who was a key witness in the Lockerbie bombing.
A family member of a passenger onboard Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 cries on a bus before heading to the Malaysian embassy, outside Lido Hotel in Beijing, March 25, 2014. Bad weather and rough seas on Tuesday forced the suspension of the search for any wreckage of a missing Malaysian jetliner that officials are now sure crashed in the remote Indian Ocean with the loss of all 239 people on board. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Mr Vincent was a former head of security at the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) told the Telegraph that he believed that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 likely suffered a catastrophic event rather than an act of terrorism or aircraft hijacking.
He said that a fire could have emerged that filled the cabin with exhausts or toxic gases after the pilots of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 made its last communication with ground control at 1:19 am on March 8. The reason why the transponder and the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) stopped working could also be attributed to the fire. However, Mr Vincent wasn't keen to believe that the fire was the result of a bomb explosion simply because there is not a terrorist group that had accepted or admitted doing the act.
Due to the fire burning and billowing smoke inside the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Mr Vincent speculated that the airplane flew off its original path in an effort to reach a safe haven. "As opposed to being hijackers, the crew were heroically trying to save the airplane, themselves and the passengers when this catastrophe hit," he said.
"My guess is that in the horrendous conditions that this crew was operating when they were turning that airplane was that the cockpit is full of smoke, you can't even see the instruments," he added.
The Malaysia Airlines flight MH370's full audio transcript was recently released by the Malaysian government. According to a report by CBC.ca, the audio communication is important because the investigators will be able to find out if there was any tension inside Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. If indeed a fire broke out or if the pilots were having problems, it should have been reflected in the recorded conversation between the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and ground control, but there was not an ounce of anxiety or apprehension. Click here for full transcript.
It has been nearly a month after the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went missing but still, no definitive traces of the airplane have been found yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change