Boxing News 2014: Bradley Says He Will Try to Knockout Pacquiao If Opportunities Allow
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 2, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Barely two weeks to the highly anticipated rematch between eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao and WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, more details on the strategies of the two opponents are coming out.
Bradley told Sweetscience that while he thinks he can get a decision against the Filipino champ on their April 12 bout at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, he will nevertheless try for a knockout if the opportunity presents itself.
"I have already beat Pacquiao once and that was on my first try. I don't think I have to knock him out to get a definite result, but if the knockout presents itself I will take advantage of it," he said.
Boxing experts, however, believe that Bradley has to score a knockout over Pacquiao to convince fans that his first controversial fight with Manny was no fluke and he really deserves the belt.
He said having healthy feet this time, unlike their previous bout in 2012, would allow him to move away quickly from Pacman's swinging shots.
Bradley vowed to pick up in the second fight where he left off in their first match, stressing, "I will be faster than Pacquiao. I will be hungrier than Pacquiao. I have been in the ring with Pacquiao so I know exactly what to expect."
Rob Smith of Eastsideboxing.com said that for Bradley to win over Pacquiao, he needs "to fight more like he did in the Provodnikov fight " because if he doesn't, Smith sees the American unbeaten boxer tasting loss for the first time in the hands of a boxer whom he taunts has lost his hunger and has become more compassionate in the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet