Boxing News 2014: Bradley Says He Will Try to Knockout Pacquiao If Opportunities Allow
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 2, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Barely two weeks to the highly anticipated rematch between eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao and WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, more details on the strategies of the two opponents are coming out.
Bradley told Sweetscience that while he thinks he can get a decision against the Filipino champ on their April 12 bout at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, he will nevertheless try for a knockout if the opportunity presents itself.
"I have already beat Pacquiao once and that was on my first try. I don't think I have to knock him out to get a definite result, but if the knockout presents itself I will take advantage of it," he said.
Boxing experts, however, believe that Bradley has to score a knockout over Pacquiao to convince fans that his first controversial fight with Manny was no fluke and he really deserves the belt.
He said having healthy feet this time, unlike their previous bout in 2012, would allow him to move away quickly from Pacman's swinging shots.
Bradley vowed to pick up in the second fight where he left off in their first match, stressing, "I will be faster than Pacquiao. I will be hungrier than Pacquiao. I have been in the ring with Pacquiao so I know exactly what to expect."
Rob Smith of Eastsideboxing.com said that for Bradley to win over Pacquiao, he needs "to fight more like he did in the Provodnikov fight " because if he doesn't, Smith sees the American unbeaten boxer tasting loss for the first time in the hands of a boxer whom he taunts has lost his hunger and has become more compassionate in the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales