NBA Betting Odds and Trends: Rockets Visit Nets, Warriors Face Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | April 2, 2014 3:03 AM EST
Tuesday is a light one in the NBA with only three games on tap. However, two of those games are crucial on which teams will make the playoffs as the regular season winds down to its final two weeks.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks at Houston Rockets
The Brooklyn Nets host the Houston Rockets at 11:00 am AEDT with both squads looking for wins as they target at least a first round homecourt advantage in the postseason.
The Nets at 39-33 are just two games back off the Toronto Raptors (42-32) for Atlantic division leadership and the third seed in the Eastern Conference. The Rockets (49-23) are currently at 4th place in the Western Conference but the Portland Trail Blazers are right behind them at 48-27 or 2 and ½ games behind.
Meanwhile, there is a heated battle in the bottom half of the West playoff picture. The Golden State Warriors (45-28) are at 6th place and just 1 and ½ games behind the Dallas Mavericks (44-30) and Memphis Grizzlies (44-30). The Warriors and Mavericks meet at 11:30 am AEDT in a crucial match-up that could very well decide who goes to the postseason.
Betting Against the Spread
Houston Rockets vs. Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Rockets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Nets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
Golden State Warriors vs. Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Warriors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last game
To contact the editor, e-mail: