'The Voice' USA 2014 The Battles Round 2: Top 24 Set to Perform; Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | April 2, 2014 2:55 AM EST
"The Voice" USA 2014 has entered an interesting phase with the top 24 contestants battling out on stage to move on to the live rounds. The Knockout Round, as seen in the previous seasons, has been replaced by The Battles Round 2 with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin mentoring the contestants.
Screenshot from Official Video
The Voice USA 2014
The Battles Round 2 episode 2 will start on Tuesday at 8:00 pm EST on NBC Television (6.30 am IST, Wednesday).
In this round, coaches will give a list of songs for each pair and they will have to perform the song they agree before the judging panels, who will decide the winners. Each coach is allowed to steal one contestant each in this round.
In the first episode of The Battles Round 2 telecast on Monday, Audra McLaughlin and Megan Ruger of Team Blake took the stage belting out Miley Cyrus' "The Climb". It was a good performance but Audra was declared winner at the end.
Team Usher's TJ Wilkins and Cierra Mickens were made to perform "Get Here" by Oleta Adams. It was TJ, who stole the show though there is no doubt Cierra is a huge talent. Usher chose TJ as expected.
Josh Murley and Patrick Thomson from Team Shakira rendered "Run to You" by Bryan Adams. Shakira chose Patrick to move on to the live rounds.
Team Blake's Jake Worthington and Tess Boyer rendered the song, "Have A Little Faith In Me" by John Hiatt. It was a stunning performance from the duo, making it difficult for their coach to decide who moves to the next round. Blake chose Jake but all the three coaches pressed their steal button for Tess, who eventually joined Team Shakira.
Christina Grimmie and Sam Behymer of Team Adam sang "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. Adam chose Christina.
Team Adam's Delvin Choice and Josh Kaufman ended the night with the rendition of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder. Adam chose Delvin but Josh is here to stay as Usher welcome him to his team.
Tuesday's episode of The Battles Round 2 will witness the remaining 12 contestants battling out on stage to find a place in the live round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef