'The Voice' USA 2014 The Battles Round 2: Top 24 Set to Perform; Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | April 2, 2014 2:55 AM EST
"The Voice" USA 2014 has entered an interesting phase with the top 24 contestants battling out on stage to move on to the live rounds. The Knockout Round, as seen in the previous seasons, has been replaced by The Battles Round 2 with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin mentoring the contestants.
Screenshot from Official Video
The Voice USA 2014
The Battles Round 2 episode 2 will start on Tuesday at 8:00 pm EST on NBC Television (6.30 am IST, Wednesday).
In this round, coaches will give a list of songs for each pair and they will have to perform the song they agree before the judging panels, who will decide the winners. Each coach is allowed to steal one contestant each in this round.
In the first episode of The Battles Round 2 telecast on Monday, Audra McLaughlin and Megan Ruger of Team Blake took the stage belting out Miley Cyrus' "The Climb". It was a good performance but Audra was declared winner at the end.
Team Usher's TJ Wilkins and Cierra Mickens were made to perform "Get Here" by Oleta Adams. It was TJ, who stole the show though there is no doubt Cierra is a huge talent. Usher chose TJ as expected.
Josh Murley and Patrick Thomson from Team Shakira rendered "Run to You" by Bryan Adams. Shakira chose Patrick to move on to the live rounds.
Team Blake's Jake Worthington and Tess Boyer rendered the song, "Have A Little Faith In Me" by John Hiatt. It was a stunning performance from the duo, making it difficult for their coach to decide who moves to the next round. Blake chose Jake but all the three coaches pressed their steal button for Tess, who eventually joined Team Shakira.
Christina Grimmie and Sam Behymer of Team Adam sang "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. Adam chose Christina.
Team Adam's Delvin Choice and Josh Kaufman ended the night with the rendition of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder. Adam chose Delvin but Josh is here to stay as Usher welcome him to his team.
Tuesday's episode of The Battles Round 2 will witness the remaining 12 contestants battling out on stage to find a place in the live round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists