Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Some Galaxy S5 Features Expected in the Device
By Raymond Ronamai | April 2, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Samsung has not revealed the release date of Galaxy Note 4, but speculations have it that it might be unveiled in September, around the time Apple iPhone 6 is announced. Arrival of the device in the second half of the year is expected, as its predecessor, Galaxy Note 3, which has 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, which was also also launched around the same time in 2013.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5 reportedly have something in common. It is reported that the devices will have similar featrures like water and dust resistant and fingerprint sensor.
The South Korean electronics giant's flagship smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5 was unveiled on 24 February and will hit the stores in over 150 countries across the globe on 11 April. It sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with full HD (1920x1080p) resolution having pixel density of 440 plus ppi (pixels per inch), powered by Octa-core Exynos Processor and run on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with new TouchWiz UI. It also features 16.0-megapixel camera with HDR.
On the other hand, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to have a 2K screen display, though the company earlier hinted that it is working on a 4K display. It is likely to be powered by a 64-bit processor. CNET had earlier reported that Samsung had claimed that it would join 64-bit processor club this year, when it develops OS to support it. The device is also expected to run on Android 4.5 Lollypop, a new OS to be released by Google this year, and have 20MP camera.
Giving a strong hint that Samsung Electronics would upgrade camera in Galaxy Note 4, South Korean media house, ETNews reported that the company had began developing the 20MP camera to be released in the second half of 2014.
It may be mentioned that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has 13 MP camera, while Galaxy S5 has 16 MP camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists