Chelsea FC Transfer News: Young Defender Implies Staying at Southampton Despite Blues Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
Southampton defender Luke Shaw is well aware of the fact that he is continually linked with big clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United, but the young England international believes that he should keep his focus on the Saints' remaining fixtures this season first.
“I think in the next year or so we can be challenging the top five teams.” - Luke Shaw on Southampton
"There is not a club I am not linked with, but I don't focus on that," Shaw told The Express.
"My main focus is my football on the pitch and I just want to keep doing that."
"It doesn't really bother me the attention I get. I just stay focused on my game on the pitch. Whatever is said is said."
"Stuff like that is going to happen but my main priority is the games. We've still got six left, so all the focus is on that."
Meanwhile, the 18-year-old left-back implied that he will be at St. Mary's Stadium in the years to come when he said: "I think in the next year or so we can be challenging the top five teams."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes