Chelsea FC Transfer News: Young Defender Implies Staying at Southampton Despite Blues Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
Southampton defender Luke Shaw is well aware of the fact that he is continually linked with big clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United, but the young England international believes that he should keep his focus on the Saints' remaining fixtures this season first.
“I think in the next year or so we can be challenging the top five teams.” - Luke Shaw on Southampton
"There is not a club I am not linked with, but I don't focus on that," Shaw told The Express.
"My main focus is my football on the pitch and I just want to keep doing that."
"It doesn't really bother me the attention I get. I just stay focused on my game on the pitch. Whatever is said is said."
"Stuff like that is going to happen but my main priority is the games. We've still got six left, so all the focus is on that."
Meanwhile, the 18-year-old left-back implied that he will be at St. Mary's Stadium in the years to come when he said: "I think in the next year or so we can be challenging the top five teams."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display