Champions League Quarterfinals Preview: Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live All-Spanish First Leg
By Deepak Vikraman | April 1, 2014 11:16 PM EST
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have been fighting tooth and nail in the La Liga this season, with the latter at the moment holding a slight advantage. The rivalry will now trickle onto the European stage as well as the two sides clash in the quarterfinals of the Champions League, starting with the first leg at the Camp Nou on Tuesday night.
Where to Watch Live
Read the report HERE
The quarterfinal is scheduled for a 8.45 local time (7.45 BST, 12.15 am IST, 2.45 pm ET) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India, Sky Sports 1 in the UK, Fox Sports in the US, Sportsnet in Canada, Bein Sports Arabia in the Middle East, and ESPN in Latin America and Australia.
Catch the action via live streaming online in India HERE, while Latin America viewers can go HERE. Viewers in Australia can live stream the game HERE, with the UK option HERE. US viewers can catch the action courtesy live streaming HERE, with the option in Canada to watch the game live online HERE. Audience in the Middle East and North Africa can watch the match live online HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE.
Only a single point separates the two sides in the Spanish league at the moment, which shows just how fine the margins will be over the two legs. Barcelona will be determined to, first, pick up a win in the first leg in front of their own fans, and, second, and possibly more importantly, keep a clean sheet to avoid conceding that always-important away goal.
"The key to winning the game will be in matching the intensity that they bring to the game," Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino said. "We have to have the confidence in our ability to play an ordered game -- if we play as we can then we have a great chance of going through.
"We have to be careful about giving the ball away and leaving spaces for them to hit us on the counter. I'm not expecting an open game, but Atletico will come and look to score for the away goal. We have to make sure that we win and also that we don't concede -- that will give us a degree of confidence going into the second leg."
Atletico have been terrific under the astute leadership of Diego Simeone, and are at their most dangerous when facing a side that will have the majority of possession. The Spanish side can be deadly on the counter, and have the quality to hurt any defence in the world.
"We have to play a very fluid game, with no breaks and plenty of possession," Barcelona full-back Dani Alves said. "If we have the ball, Atletico will hardly have any chances -- that's the way forward and the only way to reach the semifinals. Have possession and take your chances."
Barcelona have shown their weaknesses on occasion this season, but, without a doubt, remain one of the best teams in Europe. The experience of playing in the big games time and again will be an advantage for the former champions and Atletico manager Simeone knows he will have to prepare his side to face a "different Barca."
"Of all the matches against Barca this season, this is the most complicated and difficult one," Simeone said. "We're going up against the best Barca. It's the Champions League, and they will want to wrap up the tie here.
"Barca are playing very well. The match against [Real] Madrid gave them a lot of strength. They are a team that's prepared for this type of game because they are used to it."
Team news: Barcelona: Alex Song, who missed the win over Espanyol at the weekend because of a calf injury, and Pedro Rodriguez, who missed training on Sunday, have been included in the squad, along with Carles Puyol, even though the defender has not been given the all-clear to return to first team action. Goalkeeper Victor Valdes has been ruled out for seven months, while Isaac Cuenca and Jonathan Dos Santos remain sidelined.
Atletico Madrid: Simeone has a major worry over one of his most important players, after striker Diego Costa suffered a knee injury in training. The manager did not sound positive about the Brazilian-born Spanish international's chances of playing in the first leg.
"The medics will evaluate his condition but I reckon it is unlikely that he'll play," the Argentine said.
Atletico will definitely be without the suspended Raul Garcia and the injured Javier Manquilo.
Key men: Barcelona: Lionel Messi, obviously. If the Argentine light up like he did in the El Clasico, then Barca will have one foot in the semifinals.
Atletico Madrid: If Costa is ruled out, the onus will be on David Villa, the former Barcelona player, to try and hurt his team with an away goal or two. Playmaker Arda Turan will also be key, while it will be interesting to see how Koke performs against the man he has been compared to - the incomparable Xavi.
Expected lineups: Barcelona: Pinto; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Xavi, Busquets Iniesta; Fabregas, Messi, Neymar.
Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Luis; Gabi, Suarez; Koke, Diego, Turan; Villa.
Prediction: 2-1 to Barcelona
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change