Un Direction? Kim Jong-un Bans One Direction from Entering Country Unless They Get North Korean Leader’s Hair Cut?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 1, 2014 11:12 PM EST
It looks like Harry Styles' luscious locks and other elaborate hairstyles of members of the band 'One Direction' will not go down too well with North Korean dictator.
The world's most reclusive country's leader, Kim Jong-un has apparently said that the band will not be allowed to enter into his country unless they get the haircut of the country's leader, British Tabloid Mirror reported.
The newspaper report said that the North Korean dictator has also sought to challenge 1D's position as the world's number one boy-band by launching an X Factor-style competition show to find his own band that will be dubbed as 'Un Direction.'
As ludicrous as it may sound, readers need to be cautioned that the news may not be really true. A tabloid's major headline that comes just on April Fool's Day should give us enough reason to take this piece with a pinch of salt. It is important to note, that what comes of a secluded country such as North Korea can never be verified, giving journalists a reason to write just anything coming from this country.
This rumor comes only a few days after it was reported that all men in North Korea were enforced to have a haircut just like their supreme leader, which has not yet been verified.
However, it will be interesting if the latest turn of events proved to be true, although it might be difficult to gain public's trust as the news comes even as many people are getting outraged seeing RIP messages posted for one of the One Direction band member Zayn Malik.
But it looks like real RIP messages for the band members will actually start appearing if ever the band ventures into the ambitious trip to North Korea.
"It might not be a voluminous as Harry Styles' famous curls, but Jong-Un doesn't want his men to look like Marilyn Monroe," The Mirror quoted one unnamed source as saying.
"There is no way One Direction will be allowed to play here without a trip to the barbers." The mystery source added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related