Un Direction? Kim Jong-un Bans One Direction from Entering Country Unless They Get North Korean Leader’s Hair Cut?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 1, 2014 11:12 PM EST
It looks like Harry Styles' luscious locks and other elaborate hairstyles of members of the band 'One Direction' will not go down too well with North Korean dictator.
The world's most reclusive country's leader, Kim Jong-un has apparently said that the band will not be allowed to enter into his country unless they get the haircut of the country's leader, British Tabloid Mirror reported.
The newspaper report said that the North Korean dictator has also sought to challenge 1D's position as the world's number one boy-band by launching an X Factor-style competition show to find his own band that will be dubbed as 'Un Direction.'
As ludicrous as it may sound, readers need to be cautioned that the news may not be really true. A tabloid's major headline that comes just on April Fool's Day should give us enough reason to take this piece with a pinch of salt. It is important to note, that what comes of a secluded country such as North Korea can never be verified, giving journalists a reason to write just anything coming from this country.
This rumor comes only a few days after it was reported that all men in North Korea were enforced to have a haircut just like their supreme leader, which has not yet been verified.
However, it will be interesting if the latest turn of events proved to be true, although it might be difficult to gain public's trust as the news comes even as many people are getting outraged seeing RIP messages posted for one of the One Direction band member Zayn Malik.
But it looks like real RIP messages for the band members will actually start appearing if ever the band ventures into the ambitious trip to North Korea.
"It might not be a voluminous as Harry Styles' famous curls, but Jong-Un doesn't want his men to look like Marilyn Monroe," The Mirror quoted one unnamed source as saying.
"There is no way One Direction will be allowed to play here without a trip to the barbers." The mystery source added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko