Windows Phone OS Powered Samsung Ativ SE Specifications Leak; Tipped to Debut This Month
By Rohit KVN | April 1, 2014 10:54 PM EST
The long rumored Windows Phone Samsung Ativ SE is reportedly making its debut later this month.
Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 sees strong growth in smartphone shipments. (Reuters)
Technology website, The Verge, citing sources inside the American network carrier Verizon, has claimed that the much anticipated Samsung's flagship Windows Phone Ativ SE will finally see the light of the day in April, but run on the current Windows Phone 8 OS version, and not on the new v8.1, as previously reported. Instead the software update will be rolled out soon after the launch.
The website has also shed light on the upcoming Ativ SE's specifications, which despite being twirling in the Internet for last few months remained a mystery up till now. It has been revealed that Samsung phone will be a rehashed variant of the Android powered Galaxy S4 (launched in 2013) with similar faux brushed metallic finish and a 13.0-megapixel on the rear-side.
The Samsung Ativ SE is said to feature a 5.0-inch full HD display (probably super AMOLED based screen), 2GB RAM, 16GB inbuilt memory (expandable via microSD card) and Snapdragon 800 series CPU.
In related news, Nokia is slated to announce a new smartphone Lumia 630 on 2 April at Microsoft Build Developers' Conference event, San Francisco.
Lumia 630 is said to sport a 4.5-inch WVGA (480x800p) display, a Snapdragon 400 series quad-core processor and a 5.0-megapixel camera (no LED flash support) on the rear-side and is touted to be first handset to run on the new Windows Phone OS v8.1 and boast of dual-SIM slots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build