Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 India Debut in June
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Italian two wheeler makers Piaggio's Vespa 946 will reportedly hit the domestic market by June 2014, claim the new reports.
The Vespa 946, the upcoming premium and most expensive scooter in the domestic market will be launched at ₹8-9 lakh price range by mid 2014, reported Rushlane. In Italy, the scooter is marketed at 8,255 euros, which is equal to ₹6.82 lakhs.
The scooter which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 comes with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, LED headlamps and tail lamps with LCD.
The engine of the 946 can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. Vespa 946, the handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU). It is said to have done with the homologation and will be positioned as a collector's edition. Flaunting classy design, Vespa 946 will feature ABS, traction control system, Anti Slip Regulator and disc brakes in front and rear.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl for Vespa S.
Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company expects to expand its portfolio in coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown