Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 India Debut in June
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Italian two wheeler makers Piaggio's Vespa 946 will reportedly hit the domestic market by June 2014, claim the new reports.
The Vespa 946, the upcoming premium and most expensive scooter in the domestic market will be launched at ₹8-9 lakh price range by mid 2014, reported Rushlane. In Italy, the scooter is marketed at 8,255 euros, which is equal to ₹6.82 lakhs.
The scooter which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 comes with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, LED headlamps and tail lamps with LCD.
The engine of the 946 can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. Vespa 946, the handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU). It is said to have done with the homologation and will be positioned as a collector's edition. Flaunting classy design, Vespa 946 will feature ABS, traction control system, Anti Slip Regulator and disc brakes in front and rear.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl for Vespa S.
Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company expects to expand its portfolio in coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015