Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 India Debut in June
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Italian two wheeler makers Piaggio's Vespa 946 will reportedly hit the domestic market by June 2014, claim the new reports.
The Vespa 946, the upcoming premium and most expensive scooter in the domestic market will be launched at ₹8-9 lakh price range by mid 2014, reported Rushlane. In Italy, the scooter is marketed at 8,255 euros, which is equal to ₹6.82 lakhs.
The scooter which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 comes with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, LED headlamps and tail lamps with LCD.
The engine of the 946 can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. Vespa 946, the handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU). It is said to have done with the homologation and will be positioned as a collector's edition. Flaunting classy design, Vespa 946 will feature ABS, traction control system, Anti Slip Regulator and disc brakes in front and rear.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl for Vespa S.
Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company expects to expand its portfolio in coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon