Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 India Debut in June
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Italian two wheeler makers Piaggio's Vespa 946 will reportedly hit the domestic market by June 2014, claim the new reports.
The Vespa 946, the upcoming premium and most expensive scooter in the domestic market will be launched at ₹8-9 lakh price range by mid 2014, reported Rushlane. In Italy, the scooter is marketed at 8,255 euros, which is equal to ₹6.82 lakhs.
The scooter which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 comes with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, LED headlamps and tail lamps with LCD.
The engine of the 946 can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. Vespa 946, the handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU). It is said to have done with the homologation and will be positioned as a collector's edition. Flaunting classy design, Vespa 946 will feature ABS, traction control system, Anti Slip Regulator and disc brakes in front and rear.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl for Vespa S.
Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company expects to expand its portfolio in coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks