Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 India Debut in June
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Italian two wheeler makers Piaggio's Vespa 946 will reportedly hit the domestic market by June 2014, claim the new reports.
The Vespa 946, the upcoming premium and most expensive scooter in the domestic market will be launched at ₹8-9 lakh price range by mid 2014, reported Rushlane. In Italy, the scooter is marketed at 8,255 euros, which is equal to ₹6.82 lakhs.
The scooter which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 comes with 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine, LED headlamps and tail lamps with LCD.
The engine of the 946 can churn out a power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and a peak torque of 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm. Vespa 946, the handcrafted scooter will be imported from Europe and will be brought to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU). It is said to have done with the homologation and will be positioned as a collector's edition. Flaunting classy design, Vespa 946 will feature ABS, traction control system, Anti Slip Regulator and disc brakes in front and rear.
Recently the company expanded its scooter portfolio in India with the Vespa S launch. Vespa S packs 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm and is mated to a CVT transmission system. It is offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black and is priced at ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl for Vespa S.
Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company expects to expand its portfolio in coming months.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS