Maruti Suzuki India Posts 5.5 Percent Decline in March Sales
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker posted 5.5 percent decline in total sales for the month of March.
The company on Tuesday said the total vehicle sales stood at 1,13,350 units, as against the 1,19,937 units in the corresponding month last year. The domestic sales of the company witnessed a dip by 5.2 percent in the month of March 2014, as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. The export of the company declined by eight per cent to 11,081 units in March against 12,047 units in the corresponding month last year.
Maruti Suzuki India Posts 5.5% Declines in Sales in March
Maruti's mini passenger segment witnessed a dip in March, compared to last year. It posted an 11 percent decline in sales of its mini-car segment, which includes vehicles like M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, in March, as against 45,047 units last year. In the compact car segment, Maruti saw a growth of 9.3 per cent to 28,285 units from 25,868 units in March 2013.Other segments of the company also registered growth in sales.
Sales of the mid-sized sedan SX4 saw a plunge 54.5 percent to 411 units, as against 903 units in March last year. Compared to the sales of last year, the company could not sell the Kizashi luxury car this year. Sales of utility vehicles -- Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga rose to 9,752 units in March, registering 2.6 per cent growth against 9,506 units in March 2013.
During 2013-14 financial years, the company registered 3.4 per cent growth in its sales from 8, 61,337 cars during the previous fiscal (2012-13).
The company fell 1.1 percent to ₹1,948.20 on BSE after Maruti announced its decline in sales for the month of March. Meanwhile, Maruti is likely to hike the prices of its vehicles in India from April, owing to the increasing input costs and currency flux.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports