Maruti Suzuki India Posts 5.5 Percent Decline in March Sales
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker posted 5.5 percent decline in total sales for the month of March.
The company on Tuesday said the total vehicle sales stood at 1,13,350 units, as against the 1,19,937 units in the corresponding month last year. The domestic sales of the company witnessed a dip by 5.2 percent in the month of March 2014, as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. The export of the company declined by eight per cent to 11,081 units in March against 12,047 units in the corresponding month last year.
Maruti Suzuki India Posts 5.5% Declines in Sales in March
Maruti's mini passenger segment witnessed a dip in March, compared to last year. It posted an 11 percent decline in sales of its mini-car segment, which includes vehicles like M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, in March, as against 45,047 units last year. In the compact car segment, Maruti saw a growth of 9.3 per cent to 28,285 units from 25,868 units in March 2013.Other segments of the company also registered growth in sales.
Sales of the mid-sized sedan SX4 saw a plunge 54.5 percent to 411 units, as against 903 units in March last year. Compared to the sales of last year, the company could not sell the Kizashi luxury car this year. Sales of utility vehicles -- Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga rose to 9,752 units in March, registering 2.6 per cent growth against 9,506 units in March 2013.
During 2013-14 financial years, the company registered 3.4 per cent growth in its sales from 8, 61,337 cars during the previous fiscal (2012-13).
The company fell 1.1 percent to ₹1,948.20 on BSE after Maruti announced its decline in sales for the month of March. Meanwhile, Maruti is likely to hike the prices of its vehicles in India from April, owing to the increasing input costs and currency flux.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate