'How I Met Your Mother' Ends on Ted's Two Epic Love Stories, Will “How I Met Your Dad” Follow 'Legen-Wait-For-It-Dary' Success?
By Riza Ornos | April 1, 2014 7:39 PM EST
After 208-episodes of epic, comedy moments, CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up , with an epic twist, and a happy ending on Monday night. There are some extreme reactions to the most anticipated season finales of this year. The final episode of season nine confirmed the rumour that the mother is dead. Also, Ted and Robin shippers saw their favourite couple get back together. The finale has also brought to a stop all the rumours and speculations related to this sitcom. The discussion has now shifted to "How I Met Your Father," the spin-off of "How I Met Your Mother." Will the spin-off emulate the success of the original? Here are some of the details of "How I Met Your Father":
The upcoming comedy series will star "Frances Ha" actress Greta Gerwig, as the new Ted Mosby. The female version of Ted is called, Sally. Gerwig's character has been described as vibrant, messy and unpredictable. She is said to be like the female version of Peter Pan. According to her role description, Sally has no idea what to do with her life, and she plans to leave her husband, Gavin. They have been married for a year.
Juliet, Danny, Todd and Frank are Sally's friends. They will be there for her when she goes through divorce and tries to move on. The official description reads: "Faced with a breakup with her husband of less than a year, Sally turns to her friends and family for support, even though they're "often too willing to give 'good' advice that can backfire badly." Like "How I Met Your Mother," HIMYD also features an older Sally, as the narrator, as she recalls the events of her past to her kids.
Gerwig is known for her works in indie films, including "Lola Versus," "To Rome With Love," and "Frances Ha." She earned a Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal of Frances in the 2012 movie. She also co-wrote the movie, with writer/director Noah Baumbach.
According to Deadline Hollywood, the creative team behind "How I Met Your Mother" is willing to push up the production just to accommodate the actress schedule. "The studio is willing to move production of the series to New York for her after the pilot, which will be shot in Los Angeles," Deadline's report says.
The pilot episode of "How I Met Your Father" is expected to air in May. If it is picked-up for a full season, Gerwig will also serve as a producer of the show. She is expected to write, as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide