'How I Met Your Mother' Ends on Ted's Two Epic Love Stories, Will “How I Met Your Dad” Follow 'Legen-Wait-For-It-Dary' Success?
By Riza Ornos | April 1, 2014 7:39 PM EST
After 208-episodes of epic, comedy moments, CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" wrapped up , with an epic twist, and a happy ending on Monday night. There are some extreme reactions to the most anticipated season finales of this year. The final episode of season nine confirmed the rumour that the mother is dead. Also, Ted and Robin shippers saw their favourite couple get back together. The finale has also brought to a stop all the rumours and speculations related to this sitcom. The discussion has now shifted to "How I Met Your Father," the spin-off of "How I Met Your Mother." Will the spin-off emulate the success of the original? Here are some of the details of "How I Met Your Father":
The upcoming comedy series will star "Frances Ha" actress Greta Gerwig, as the new Ted Mosby. The female version of Ted is called, Sally. Gerwig's character has been described as vibrant, messy and unpredictable. She is said to be like the female version of Peter Pan. According to her role description, Sally has no idea what to do with her life, and she plans to leave her husband, Gavin. They have been married for a year.
Juliet, Danny, Todd and Frank are Sally's friends. They will be there for her when she goes through divorce and tries to move on. The official description reads: "Faced with a breakup with her husband of less than a year, Sally turns to her friends and family for support, even though they're "often too willing to give 'good' advice that can backfire badly." Like "How I Met Your Mother," HIMYD also features an older Sally, as the narrator, as she recalls the events of her past to her kids.
Gerwig is known for her works in indie films, including "Lola Versus," "To Rome With Love," and "Frances Ha." She earned a Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal of Frances in the 2012 movie. She also co-wrote the movie, with writer/director Noah Baumbach.
According to Deadline Hollywood, the creative team behind "How I Met Your Mother" is willing to push up the production just to accommodate the actress schedule. "The studio is willing to move production of the series to New York for her after the pilot, which will be shot in Los Angeles," Deadline's report says.
The pilot episode of "How I Met Your Father" is expected to air in May. If it is picked-up for a full season, Gerwig will also serve as a producer of the show. She is expected to write, as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October