Neknomination Drinking Craze: 9-Year-Old British Girl Hospitalized after Drinking Deadly Cocktail of Vodka, Whisky
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 1, 2014 7:36 PM EST
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest victim to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world.
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest person liked to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world. (Representational Picture: Reuters)
She was reportedly hospitalized after downing a cocktail of vodka and whisky, after her friends - having seen similar activities in Facebook - dared her to perform the stunt.
She was picked up by her horrified mother as the child was riding home "all over the place" on her electric scooter having finished the game, the Daily Mail reported.
The young girl recognized by the British tabloid as Rhiannon Scully, later reportedly had her stomach pumped and was monitored overnight in hospital.
The girl's mother Michelle Scully, 32, told the newspaper that the drinking dare was filmed on a mobile, but was deleted soon after. The alcohol was taken by the girl from a cupboard at her friend's house without the knowledge of any parent, the report said.
The primary school student from Leadgate, Country Durham, is the latest in the spate of people playing this deadly drinking amusement.
The lethal drinking game, thought to have originated in Australia, is sweeping through many parts of the world. The game has shown signs of escalating out of proportion, after five men - aged 30 or below - died after playing it.
The game, which is widely considered as an horrific experimentation, involves filming oneself downing an alcoholic beverage - very often in large quantities - and then nominating a friend, daring him or her to outdo the act. The video will then be posted on social media, such as Facebook or YouTube.
Rhiannon's mother said that when she found her daughter, she was rolling her eyes "into the back of her head".
"When I saw her, I was raging, I was upset and angry. I was also scared because we didn't know what would happen at this point," she was quoted as saying.
"I saw her in her uniform with two other friends. I ran to her, she was falling over and she didn't know where she was. She could have been run over; she was riding her scooter at the time."
The mother of the young girl also said that she and her husband believed Rhiannon drank vodka and whisky mixed with orange juice after being dared to perform the stunt by her two friends who are also aged nine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles