Neknomination Drinking Craze: 9-Year-Old British Girl Hospitalized after Drinking Deadly Cocktail of Vodka, Whisky
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 1, 2014 7:36 PM EST
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest victim to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world.
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest person liked to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world. (Representational Picture: Reuters)
She was reportedly hospitalized after downing a cocktail of vodka and whisky, after her friends - having seen similar activities in Facebook - dared her to perform the stunt.
She was picked up by her horrified mother as the child was riding home "all over the place" on her electric scooter having finished the game, the Daily Mail reported.
The young girl recognized by the British tabloid as Rhiannon Scully, later reportedly had her stomach pumped and was monitored overnight in hospital.
The girl's mother Michelle Scully, 32, told the newspaper that the drinking dare was filmed on a mobile, but was deleted soon after. The alcohol was taken by the girl from a cupboard at her friend's house without the knowledge of any parent, the report said.
The primary school student from Leadgate, Country Durham, is the latest in the spate of people playing this deadly drinking amusement.
The lethal drinking game, thought to have originated in Australia, is sweeping through many parts of the world. The game has shown signs of escalating out of proportion, after five men - aged 30 or below - died after playing it.
The game, which is widely considered as an horrific experimentation, involves filming oneself downing an alcoholic beverage - very often in large quantities - and then nominating a friend, daring him or her to outdo the act. The video will then be posted on social media, such as Facebook or YouTube.
Rhiannon's mother said that when she found her daughter, she was rolling her eyes "into the back of her head".
"When I saw her, I was raging, I was upset and angry. I was also scared because we didn't know what would happen at this point," she was quoted as saying.
"I saw her in her uniform with two other friends. I ran to her, she was falling over and she didn't know where she was. She could have been run over; she was riding her scooter at the time."
The mother of the young girl also said that she and her husband believed Rhiannon drank vodka and whisky mixed with orange juice after being dared to perform the stunt by her two friends who are also aged nine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports