Neknomination Drinking Craze: 9-Year-Old British Girl Hospitalized after Drinking Deadly Cocktail of Vodka, Whisky
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 1, 2014 7:36 PM EST
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest victim to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world.
A nine-year-old British girl has become the youngest person liked to the deadly drinking game called Neknomination that has been spreading rapidly across the world. (Representational Picture: Reuters)
She was reportedly hospitalized after downing a cocktail of vodka and whisky, after her friends - having seen similar activities in Facebook - dared her to perform the stunt.
She was picked up by her horrified mother as the child was riding home "all over the place" on her electric scooter having finished the game, the Daily Mail reported.
The young girl recognized by the British tabloid as Rhiannon Scully, later reportedly had her stomach pumped and was monitored overnight in hospital.
The girl's mother Michelle Scully, 32, told the newspaper that the drinking dare was filmed on a mobile, but was deleted soon after. The alcohol was taken by the girl from a cupboard at her friend's house without the knowledge of any parent, the report said.
The primary school student from Leadgate, Country Durham, is the latest in the spate of people playing this deadly drinking amusement.
The lethal drinking game, thought to have originated in Australia, is sweeping through many parts of the world. The game has shown signs of escalating out of proportion, after five men - aged 30 or below - died after playing it.
The game, which is widely considered as an horrific experimentation, involves filming oneself downing an alcoholic beverage - very often in large quantities - and then nominating a friend, daring him or her to outdo the act. The video will then be posted on social media, such as Facebook or YouTube.
Rhiannon's mother said that when she found her daughter, she was rolling her eyes "into the back of her head".
"When I saw her, I was raging, I was upset and angry. I was also scared because we didn't know what would happen at this point," she was quoted as saying.
"I saw her in her uniform with two other friends. I ran to her, she was falling over and she didn't know where she was. She could have been run over; she was riding her scooter at the time."
The mother of the young girl also said that she and her husband believed Rhiannon drank vodka and whisky mixed with orange juice after being dared to perform the stunt by her two friends who are also aged nine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date