Samsung Galaxy S5 With Impressive Endurance Battery Life And Baby Monitoring Feature
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 1, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is set to hit the shelves on April 11 with some new features to watch out for.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23.
The next-generation Samsung smartphone boasts an impressive endurance battery life and a baby monitoring feature. This new feature of 0Samsung Galaxy S5 will be useful for parents, especially if they also have Galaxy Gear 2 smartwatch.
There will be a "Baby crying feature" that will display a notification on paired Gear smartwatch whenever Galaxy S5 picks up the sound of a crying baby. This feature will be on the Accessibility menu of Galaxy S5 and Samsung offers tips on how to use the feature effectively.
Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a more powerful battery life to fuel its impressive apps. Its top-of-line specs are matched with 2,800 mAh battery, which is an upgrade to the 2600 mAh battery of its predecessor - Samsung Galaxy S4.
Two separate tests revealed the battery capacity of Samsung Galaxy S5 offers excellent usage times, which trump the competition in more than one use case. In the test, Samsung Galaxy S5 bested other powerful smartphones, even though they are featuring bigger batteries, in some of the tests.
For instance, in Internet browsing, Samsung Galaxy S5 lasted from 7 to 10 hours of screen time, depending on the brightness of the screen. Furthermore, talk time and gaming test showed Galaxy S5 performs pretty well, with only phablets and tablets with bigger and more powerful batteries beating the new Samsung flagship smartphone in endurance.
In a nutshell, although packed with a myriad of impressive features like baby monitor, it appears Samsung Galaxy S5 battery is not going to be a problem for users in the future.
The next-generation flagship Samsung smartphone also comes with the ultra power saving mode, which offers up to 24 hours of battery life on merely 10 percent of battery by turning off majority of its features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft