Tata Nano Plus Spied Testing in India Again; Hints at Imminent Launch
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Tata, the maker of the world's cheapest car Nano is believed to be getting ready for yet another launch in the country. Tata's much rumoured Nano Plus has been spied testing in India again, suggesting the imminent launch of the car in the domestic market.
Tata Nano Diesel
Motoroids revealed a new set of Nano Plus test mule pictures seen testing in Pune. Although Tata is tightlipped about the launch of Nano Plus in the sub-continent market, the repeated sightings of the car on Indian roads suggest that the car is likely to make its way into the auto market sooner than expected. The Nano Plus will draw its power from 3 pot 1.0 liter petrol engine, which is expected to give 60 bhp of power and the car is likely to host features like front disc brakes, improved aircon, bucket seats, open-able tailgate, new dashboard, LED headlamps and fog lights.
Nano, the least expensive car from Tata is on its path to revival in the domestic market. The car, which was expected to capture common man's mind in the market, failed to so due to various reason. However, now the company is trying to salvage Nano's market with new variants. Beside, Nano plus, Tata is also expected to launch a diesel variant of Nano.
At the Auto expo Delhi 2014,Tata unveiled Nano Twist Active concept .Flaunting a new front-grille look, Tata's new Nano Twist Active looked stylish in its design and style. The notable feature of the concept car is its open-able tailgate, which is first in the series of Nano cars. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering. Other features of the car remain the same as its recently launched Nano Twist.
Tata's new model Twist XT comes with power steering. The power steering of Nano Twist is developed by ZF and the variant will be available in six colours: damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. Nano Twist XT also comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), which uses brushless motor.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga