Tata Nano Plus Spied Testing in India Again; Hints at Imminent Launch
By greeshma m | April 1, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Tata, the maker of the world's cheapest car Nano is believed to be getting ready for yet another launch in the country. Tata's much rumoured Nano Plus has been spied testing in India again, suggesting the imminent launch of the car in the domestic market.
Tata Nano Diesel
Motoroids revealed a new set of Nano Plus test mule pictures seen testing in Pune. Although Tata is tightlipped about the launch of Nano Plus in the sub-continent market, the repeated sightings of the car on Indian roads suggest that the car is likely to make its way into the auto market sooner than expected. The Nano Plus will draw its power from 3 pot 1.0 liter petrol engine, which is expected to give 60 bhp of power and the car is likely to host features like front disc brakes, improved aircon, bucket seats, open-able tailgate, new dashboard, LED headlamps and fog lights.
Nano, the least expensive car from Tata is on its path to revival in the domestic market. The car, which was expected to capture common man's mind in the market, failed to so due to various reason. However, now the company is trying to salvage Nano's market with new variants. Beside, Nano plus, Tata is also expected to launch a diesel variant of Nano.
At the Auto expo Delhi 2014,Tata unveiled Nano Twist Active concept .Flaunting a new front-grille look, Tata's new Nano Twist Active looked stylish in its design and style. The notable feature of the concept car is its open-able tailgate, which is first in the series of Nano cars. The interior of the car accommodates a new paint job and comes equipped with (Electric Power Assisted Steering or EPAS) or power steering. Other features of the car remain the same as its recently launched Nano Twist.
Tata's new model Twist XT comes with power steering. The power steering of Nano Twist is developed by ZF and the variant will be available in six colours: damson purple, dazzle blue, papaya orange, pearl white, meteor silver and royal gold. Nano Twist XT also comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), which uses brushless motor.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family