Google Nexus 6 Release in October With HTC One M8-like Specs And Features?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 1, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
Rumors noted Taiwanese mobile manufacturer HTC will be in-charge of making the next Nexus smartphone. This was not far from impossible since rumors said Google has tapped HTC in making Nexus 8 tablet. Also, Google has worked with HTC before with the Nexus One back in 2010. If rumors were true, Google Nexus 6 may be the Nexus-version of HTC One M8.
Google Nexus 6 was expected to come with a bigger display, probably around 5.5 inches, along with a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB / 32 GB of internal memory.
Google Nexus 6 may not be the most powerful handset in the market to maintain the price range of the previous smartphones. But it could fairly challenge other smartphones from its rivals. One of the advantages of owning a Nexus smartphone is getting Android OS updates compared to other handsets.
Some consumers are already turning to Nexus handsets due to bugs caused by the customized user interfaces and slow updates in other Android-based smartphones.
As for Google Nexus 6 release date, it was speculated the next Nexus smartphone will arrive at the company's annual I/O Conference in June.
But Google's VP Sundar Pichai hinted at the Mobile World Congress in February the next Google handset will be launched in the second half of the year, as he revealed no Nexus smartphone will arrive in the first half of 2014. Thus, there is a big chance Nexus 6 will be launched in October.
Google has not revealed the official specs and features of Nexus 6 handset yet. But it was rumored Google Nexus 6 will pack a quad HD screen display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution, 64-bit processor and 16 MP rear camera. Also, the next Nexus smartphone will be released with the next version of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks