Google Nexus 6 Release in October With HTC One M8-like Specs And Features?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 1, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
Rumors noted Taiwanese mobile manufacturer HTC will be in-charge of making the next Nexus smartphone. This was not far from impossible since rumors said Google has tapped HTC in making Nexus 8 tablet. Also, Google has worked with HTC before with the Nexus One back in 2010. If rumors were true, Google Nexus 6 may be the Nexus-version of HTC One M8.
Google Nexus 6 was expected to come with a bigger display, probably around 5.5 inches, along with a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB / 32 GB of internal memory.
Google Nexus 6 may not be the most powerful handset in the market to maintain the price range of the previous smartphones. But it could fairly challenge other smartphones from its rivals. One of the advantages of owning a Nexus smartphone is getting Android OS updates compared to other handsets.
Some consumers are already turning to Nexus handsets due to bugs caused by the customized user interfaces and slow updates in other Android-based smartphones.
As for Google Nexus 6 release date, it was speculated the next Nexus smartphone will arrive at the company's annual I/O Conference in June.
But Google's VP Sundar Pichai hinted at the Mobile World Congress in February the next Google handset will be launched in the second half of the year, as he revealed no Nexus smartphone will arrive in the first half of 2014. Thus, there is a big chance Nexus 6 will be launched in October.
Google has not revealed the official specs and features of Nexus 6 handset yet. But it was rumored Google Nexus 6 will pack a quad HD screen display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution, 64-bit processor and 16 MP rear camera. Also, the next Nexus smartphone will be released with the next version of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand