Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 1, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Leaks on the upcoming Nokia Lumia 630 continue ahead of its expected unveiling at the 2014 Microsoft BUILD conference. The latest has the Finnish handset featured in demo videos running on the new Windows Phone 8.1 update.
The Tech Times report claims the first video leaked showed Nokia Lumia 630 running on the Windows Phone 8.1 OS as well as the new Action Center which is the Windows Phone's counter to the rival smartphone notification centers such as Android and iOS. The Nokia Lumia 630 featured in the demo videos sports a matte-black polycarbonate body with adopted virtual on-screen Back, Windows Start, and Search buttons.
Credit: YouTube/Windows Phone Lovers
The report further noted the other features and apps that device enthusiasts can experience with the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1 handset like the new Podcast, FM Radio app and both of the Video and Music Xbox apps. "Internet Explorer will now have a new Tab section and also an option to turn on private tabs. The Photos app has received an update and includes sections for All, Albums, and Favorites, while the stock Camera application has a redesigned layout," the Tech Times report added.
As for the second video leaked, it demonstrated how the wallpapers function on the Windows Phone 8.1 update. The GSMArena report pointed out that it will be interesting to see as if there is "a parallax effect when scrolling."
Credit: YouTube/Windows Phone Lovers
The Nokia Lumia 630 is going to be a mid-range budget smartphone available in single and dual-SIM versions. The Finnish device will also be offered with a variety of colour choices that consumers can choose from such as black, white, yellow, green and orange.
The Nokia Lumia 630 features and specs in the Geeky Gadgets report include a 4.5-inch screen display with 854x400p resolution, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB internal storage capacity and 5MP rear-facing camera. The 2014 Microsoft Build is scheduled to take place from April 2 to April 4, 2014 in San Francisco where the Windows Phone 8.1 will most likely be unveiled together with the Nokia Lumia 630.
Another device expected to be unveiled at the press event is the Nokia Lumia 930, a smartphone replacing the Nokia Lumia 920 at AT&T. The Nokia Lumia 930 features and specs will reportedly be comparable to the released Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: One of the First Windows Phone 8.1 Handsets Expected to Appear at Teased Nokia Event on April 2 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast