Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 1, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Leaks on the upcoming Nokia Lumia 630 continue ahead of its expected unveiling at the 2014 Microsoft BUILD conference. The latest has the Finnish handset featured in demo videos running on the new Windows Phone 8.1 update.
The Tech Times report claims the first video leaked showed Nokia Lumia 630 running on the Windows Phone 8.1 OS as well as the new Action Center which is the Windows Phone's counter to the rival smartphone notification centers such as Android and iOS. The Nokia Lumia 630 featured in the demo videos sports a matte-black polycarbonate body with adopted virtual on-screen Back, Windows Start, and Search buttons.
Credit: YouTube/Windows Phone Lovers
The report further noted the other features and apps that device enthusiasts can experience with the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone 8.1 handset like the new Podcast, FM Radio app and both of the Video and Music Xbox apps. "Internet Explorer will now have a new Tab section and also an option to turn on private tabs. The Photos app has received an update and includes sections for All, Albums, and Favorites, while the stock Camera application has a redesigned layout," the Tech Times report added.
As for the second video leaked, it demonstrated how the wallpapers function on the Windows Phone 8.1 update. The GSMArena report pointed out that it will be interesting to see as if there is "a parallax effect when scrolling."
Credit: YouTube/Windows Phone Lovers
The Nokia Lumia 630 is going to be a mid-range budget smartphone available in single and dual-SIM versions. The Finnish device will also be offered with a variety of colour choices that consumers can choose from such as black, white, yellow, green and orange.
The Nokia Lumia 630 features and specs in the Geeky Gadgets report include a 4.5-inch screen display with 854x400p resolution, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB internal storage capacity and 5MP rear-facing camera. The 2014 Microsoft Build is scheduled to take place from April 2 to April 4, 2014 in San Francisco where the Windows Phone 8.1 will most likely be unveiled together with the Nokia Lumia 630.
Another device expected to be unveiled at the press event is the Nokia Lumia 930, a smartphone replacing the Nokia Lumia 920 at AT&T. The Nokia Lumia 930 features and specs will reportedly be comparable to the released Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: One of the First Windows Phone 8.1 Handsets Expected to Appear at Teased Nokia Event on April 2 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan